Swallowtail Stampin Up ♥ Stamp it on Fabric Cushion Covers Project

April 26, 2015

Learn how to stamp on fabric with acrylic paints and  Swallowtail and Larger Than Life Alphabet and numbers  stamps from Stampin' Up! I  made 2  decorative cushion covers  to demonstrate this technique and the stunning image I got with Swallowtail Stamp.
I think the results are quite spectacular.  I hope you like them  and enjoy Stamping on fabric!! 
src="http://www.bibicameron.co.uk/image.jpg" alt="Swallowtailstamp"></a>
Swallowtail and Larger than Life Alphabet and Numbers are  superb to stamp on fabric. Use them to make light upholstery projects like throws, canvas, lampshades or any home decorative handcrafted items made out of fabric, leather, glass, wood, paper  ...  I  also can imagine  a scarf,  a fabric belt, a personalized apron made with fabric stamped with this huge butterfly. 
src="http://www.bibicameron.co.uk/image.jpg" alt="swallowtailstamp"></a>
 I stamped the name of my daughter on one of the  cushion covers  using Versamark clear ink and silver emboss powder. After washing the name of my daughter remained gray but the sparkle of the embossing powder fell of so please be aware that this technique works for items that do not require washing ( this was an experiment only)


The technique promises crisp images up to 20 washes. Cold water, handwash recommended,


 I'll be featuring more sewing projects with Larger Than Life Alphabet and Numbers Set of 38 clear stamps, ideal for  personalized projects.
src="http://www.bibicameron.co.uk/image.jpg" alt="stampset"></a>

Thanks for stopping by!
Buy these 2 beautiful stamps by clicking on the images below!!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi Bibi
    You are amazing... Love those cushions... I am speechless... You are soooo talented ... I am so glad I found your Blog through Michelle Last... I cannot follow you ... I am on Google...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Silvie and thanks my mummy Michelle to help me to promote my wee blog. All my post are made with a lot of love for those who love crafts and Stampin Up. I'm on Google too so maybe we can keep in touch there. X Bibi

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love these but as they were retired recently I went on EBay to buy a swallowtail. Imagine my surprise when I received it today and it came from you Bibi! Makes it extra special. And the most beautiful little card. Thank you for the inspiration and the stamp. Love your work and colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Jane! that's amazing, this is a small world. I'm so glad you like the card and to know that one of my fav is in great hands. I already miss my Swallowtail but I had to let go.:) You will love it too! it' is stunning and so versatile. x Bibi

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs