An Arctic Christmas Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamps

November 20, 2017


I love penguins' Christmas cards and  "An arctic Christmas Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp"   offers this adorable Christmas scene. It is just perfect for enjoying coloring and when I  first saw the large stamp with the cute little penguins decorating the Christmas tree my first thought was using colored pencils.

So I used  Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils to add color to the images and I also used a little bit of baby oil to blend and soften the color.

A while ago I made a video available here with some tips about coloring pencils and blending with baby oil using other beautiful images from Simon Says Stamps.



Let's have a look at the stamp...
With this beautiful stamp, there is no need for masking or any other fancy stamping technique. You only need to stamp the large image and you will ready to add color.

You can use any other coloring tools as well, partially color the image or just heat emboss this beautiful to create an elegant card too.

As my intentions were coloring using pencils  I  used Bristol Smooth paper 270 grams and I used Black Simon Says Stamp Ink to stamp the image and sentiments.


Once I applied color to the images, I die cut a circle and I used it as a mask to create the moon while applying the distress inks over and around it.

 I used a circular Ranger ink blending tool to apply Mustard Seed around the masked moon, then  Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire  over the sky and around the image, a hint of Worn Lipstick  here and there to make the scene looks a bit more purple and to finish I applied Black Soot at the edges to darken the colours.

Whit a white Posca marker I added small dots over the whole panel. I also used a microfine tip black pen (0.2) to add little black dots on some areas of the images and I applied Nuvo Shimmer pen to add a bit of sparkle.

I also applied Crystal Glaze over the Christmas bubbles on the tree.


That's all for today. I hope you like this project and thanks for stopping by. Do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here!  or to my Youtube Channel Here to get my latest blog post directly in your inbox.


Happy crafting!!

X

Bibi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs