Baby Jesus Christmas Card with Honey Bee Stamps

December 18, 2017




Happy Sunday everyone,  Christmas is around the corner and I was so looking forward to making a card with baby Jesus on it and share it with you. 

What is fun about this project is that  I mixed and matched an image from Welcome Baby Stamp Set by Honey Bee Stamps and a sentiment from Joy to the Word Stamp Set by Honey Bee Stamps, also to give you an extra idea to stretch the use of your supplies.

So this is a very simple and quick card but when I finished it made me smile.   Isn't he adorable? 



To make the wee blanket around baby Jesus I used thin white felt and I also used A2 Stitched Frames Dies by Honey Bee Stamps to create the stitched decorative edge around the front panel.

I sponged the background using Tumbled Glass Distress ink to create a halo around baby Jesus and using a white marker I  drew dots and long diagonal lines over the distress ink to create the effect of light rays coming behind the baby.

To finish the card, I also used Concord and 9th Plaid background stamp and  Peacock Feather Distress Ink to stamp a blue piece of cardstock and add a fun decorative background to the front panel.

I colored the image using Zigs, and I also made a bit of stamped image surgery to alter the position of the baby feet.

That's all for today. I hope you like this idea. Thanks for stopping by!

Do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here  to get my latest blog post or video directly in your inbox.

Happy crafting!!

Hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So sweet Bibi, also adorable for a new baby of course! Love the swaddling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs