From cover plate die to 3D paper miniature house and Christmas Shaker Baubles

December 11, 2018


Hello everyone,  we all are in Christmas mode right? So I was thinking in my Neat and Tangle monthly video-post to share with you the joy of papercraft today and I thought about making something really quick and easy using dies but  at the same time, I wanted this project to be a bit innovative. 

So what about turning flat die cuts into 3D projects like these miniature paper houses? 


These are super cute and perfect little embellishments for different crafty projects such as tags, boxes, Xmas lights, table decorations, etc.

I used  Warm Winter Scene Cover  Plate a super versatile full card die to create the front of these tiny 3D paper houses and scrap pieces of cardstock to add the side walls and the roof.

To give an extra simple idea,  I simply put the miniature house inside a bauble,  I added a tea light, glitter and loads of confetti and sequins.

In the video below I used glue dots to adhere to the house to the tea light and inside the bauble but of course, you can use hot glue to make it even easier.

So here is a 3-minute video to show you the process.

* Apologies for the lighting. Scotland is in dark mode at the moment too... It is freezing here.





You can also watch a speedy  1-minute video on my Instagram account with the same project.

Do you like this idea?

I was surprised!  It was so easy to make this project and I'm glad of being able to show you alternatives to use of dies like Warm Winter Scene Cover  Plate.

 The little house inside the bauble was my favourite. It is so cute!


This house measures: width 3/4" x  Height 1-1/4 x  Dept 3/4.  It is tiny. 

You can use any house design on the cover plate. For the side panels I used a 1" inches piece of paper, I scored it at 1/4 of an inch and I glued to the mini house die cut as I show in the video to create the side walls.

For the roof I simply used another piece of paper ( 3/4" of an inch wide), I folded and glued like shown in the video.

I wasn't measuring anything while making this project but when I finished I did so my eyeballing skills are pretty advanced as all fitted just right in place. lol

You can easily mass produce this little houses as well and if you get crafty you can add colours and details and that will add amazing value to this project.


I also added some mini pines, those are also die cuts from Warm Winter Scene Cover  Plate.

I added a mini tag using one stamp from Nativity Play Stamp Set.

For more inspiration using this cover die plate please click here.






That's all for today.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,  I  always read them all and I'm happy to answer any question.


Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! To receive notification when a new post or videos go live.


Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Bibi ! What a super cute idea.Love it. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs