Distressed Alcohol Ink Backgrounds + Spellbinders Happy Collection by Sharyn Sowell

March 15, 2019


Hello everyone, I had the honour to be guest designer over the Spellbinders blog to share ideas and inspiration using Spellbinders Happy Collection by Sharyn Sowell.

Beautiful dies!!

There are seven die sets in this new collection and I wanted to try them all. I also wanted to show you how the die-cuts look and how easy is to put together several cards using any of these beautiful supplies.

To complete all the cards in this post  I  made easy and quick alcohol ink backgrounds.

 If you saw my previous post using alcohol inks here you might not that I'm totally into Alcohol ink at the moment...  totally love them and you can make a wide variety of cards using these colourful backgrounds.

In the video below I show you in detail how I made all the cards in this post.



I also had the chance to try for the very first time the Spellbinders die cutting machine. It is a wonderful die cutting machine, the platform is  6"  x 9" inches, easy to use and it cuts paper like butter.  I also love its design and the colours white and gold match with everything in my craft room. 

I also used Fun Stampers Journey Cardstock. I really like it and the colours coordinated perfectly with the alcohol ink backgrounds.

Below pictures of projects in the video.  I made cards in different sizes. The sky is the limit when it comes to talking about die cutting.


The alcohol ink green background card measures 4-1/4" x5-1/2" inches and I used Pistachio, Patina and Butterscotch alcohol inks.

The pink card measures 5"x5" inches and I used Wild Plum, Flamingo,  Butterscotch and Coral,  alcohol inks.

For these cards I used We Bring Happy Wishes die set. The banner for these cards was made using It's your day die set



I  stacked two or three die cuts to give dimension to these projects and I also used gold glitter paper to make the white die cuts to pop a little bit more in some of the cards. 

 You can make cards using this dies collection using paper in any colour.  


 This card measures  5" x 6" inches and  I used Sending a Happy Birthday die set .

For this card, I used Flamingo,  Butterscotch and Coral,  alcohol inks.


Look at that cake!!!


Celebrate with Cake die set  it's my top favourite die set in this collection. Gorgeous!!!  This is a C6 card so the die cut takes over the front panel. It is all you need to make beautiful birthday cards.

For the background I used:  Butterscotch, Coral, Flamingo, Wild Plum, Denim and Patina alcohol inks.


For the card below I used Let's all party die set
For the background, I used Denim, Patina, Flamingo, Coral, Butterscotch alcohol inks.


For the card below I went a bit crazy and a die cut the silhouettes out of one of the Alcohol inked backgrounds... I just wanted to explore other options and although I think the card is  very unusual... this might be an extra idea for alcohol ink lovers.

I used Birthday Animals die set. The paper was made using Denim, Patina, Black, Silver alcohol inks.

The banner of this card was made using It's your day die set



That's all for today ... I hope you like these ideas!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oooh, these are all so gorgeous! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards have such pretty coloured & effect backgrounds. The die with the dog kidnapping the cake would most definitely be a scenario in my house as our dog adores birthday cake. Thank goodness for sharing all these x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs