Die Cut Background with Floral Burst Collage Die

June 28, 2017




What about die cut a background panel for a card,  box,  bag or a tag using Floral Burst Collage Die ? This beautiful die is from One of a Kind  release by  Simon Says Stamps and I love it!

It was easy to complete this  C6 card using Big Getting Sentiments Stamp Set  also from this release.





I initially shared this card together with other ideas in a previous post but I decided to rescue it from there as it wasn't showing in the blog preview. I though the right thing to do was giving it  its own space.

How I made it?

  • I cut repeatedly a smooth white C6 piece of cardstock  and I glued it down on a light blue cardstock background.
  • The  petals of the die cut flowers looks like elongated hearts so to make them look more flower-like I carefully applied  Nuvo Silver Shimmer Marker and the darkest blue of Nuvo Scrip Pens Collection  in the negative space of the die cuts avoiding going over the white front panel.  
  • Then I added to the colored flowers white lines and dots using a Uniball pen.
  • I die cut a stitched frame and sealed the irregular edge of the front panel with it.
  • I glued  all of it together on a slightly larger Navy Blue cardstock panel and paste it all on a white cardstock base. 
  •  I stamped   a stamped banner using the sentiment from Big Greetings Sentiments Stamp Set, Clear Versamark ink and White Embossing Powder on light blue cardsrock
Pictures don't show the shimmer applied  on the flowers so I tried my best to show you how this looks in the picture below but this is defo something you need to see in the flesh.



See more card samples using products from Simon Says Stamp One of a Kind June - 2017 Release here  and  here  !!

That's all!  I hope you like these ideas.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment I would love to hear from you.
x
Bibi

Supply List 

Find  supplies used in this post at  Simon Says Stamp shop .  I joined their affiliate program, this meas that I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs