Subtle Embossing with Embossing Texture Plate Circle Doodles

June 30, 2017


This  paper texture looks raindrops falling gently on water creating waves... At least that's what I though when I was looking the finished card for today's  post...  It defo can look completely different when adding  different  ink colours or applying different techniques using  the innovative  Embossing Texture  Plate  Circle Doodles from One of a Kind release by Simon Says Stamps.

It can look  like flowers, like wood, simple spirals... or more if you put your imagination to  it. I'm not sure what the designer was thinking when they were creating the metallic embossing plate but different things comes to my mind when I see the beautiful pattern.



What I love most about this texture plate  is the subtlety of the embossed texture. It  allows you to create delicate and elegant impressions on paper.


How I made it?

Ok lets start on how I used the plate.  The way it worked better was the easier.

  • I set the embossing machine as if  I was  working with wafer or thinlits dies.
  • I inked the plate with  Simon Says Surf  Blue Ink  ( this step is not necessary I just wanted to add  easily a hint of colour to the paper ) .
  •  I placed a piece of smooth white cardstock on top of the inked plate and  I put  the embossing plate on top as usual . 
  • To make a little bit of extra pressure  I  added  a couple of cardstock  sheets on top of the embossing plate 
  •  I run all together through the embossing machine . It worked just fine.
  • Then  I simply  die cut the embossed panel with the die " I love you" from Flowers for  You  Stamp Set and Dies .
  •  I stamped the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set using Simon Says Stamp Black Ink  on Bristol Paper
  • I coloured the words using  Nuvo water brushes and  Nuvo Brush Scrip Pens (yellow and blue)
  • I pasted  the Stamped piece of cardstock with dimensionals behind the front panel making sure the sentiment was aligned with the aperture created by the die.


I  also cut some flowers and leaves using Flowers for  You  Stamp Set and Dies  and I pasted them down with dimensionals.

I added colour to all the images in this card using  Nuvo water brushes and  Nuvo Brush Scrip Pens and I applied some stitches at the edge of the card using my sewing machine.. you know I like to do that very often.

I splattered  the ink of  a Black Nuvo Aqua Flow Pen  diluted with water.

The word"friend" is from Thoughtful Messages Stamp Set,   I stamped it with clear Versamark ink  and white embossing powder on black cardstock and I heated embossed it.

That's all!  I hope you like this project and the idea. 

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment I would love to hear from you.
x
Bibi

Supply List 

Find  supplies used in this post at  Simon Says Stamp shop .  I joined their affiliate program, this means that I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs