Die Cut Colouring idea with SSS Floral Burst Collage Die

June 22, 2017


Hello everyone, Simon Says Stamp launched "One of a Kind" products collection today! And  I'm thrilled to share 2 easy and simple card making ideas using Floral Burst Collage Die.




The first idea is to recreate a colourful floral scene.  Instead of randomly adding colour washes to the card background I selectively added colour to the die cut negative space trying to build a more defined image.  

And if you like to make your own envelopes there is another idea for you ! I love adding fun elements to envelopes, bags and boxes  with dies.


How I do it!
  • Using the die I cut simultaneously  2  smooth white cardstock  pieces (10.5 x 14 cm) on the big shot.  I just put one on top of the other to guarantee perfect alignment  and then I glued them together. .
  •  I die cut a piece of printer paper using Floral Burst Collage Die to be used as a stencil on top of a scrap  piece of Bristol Paper.
  •  Then  I stuck the paper stencil using washi tape on the Bristol paper and  I  carefully applied strokes of  Nuvo Script Pens (yellow in the centre and pink and fuchsia at the edges of the die cut negative space) . 
  • I  removed the printer paper  and I  quickly blended and smoothed the colours using Nuvo Water brushes
  •  I aligned the coloured  piece of  Bristol paper behind the front panel and I pasted using funky glue.
  • To finish I hand drew  flower stems and I stamped some leaves from Roses For you Stamp Set. 


Key Tips:
  • Use  the Bristol Paper Here when using  watercolour pens. It makes all the difference.
  • Apply a stitched frame using a sewing machine or piercing tool as a fun decorative element. 
  • Multi stamp a sentiment using a stamping platform  and 2 contrasting inks.


That's all!  I hope you like this idea.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment I would love to hear from you.
x

Bibi

Supply List 

Find  supplies used in this post at  Simon Says Stamp shop .  I joined their affiliate program, this meas that I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs