7 ideas with butterflies dies + butterfly easel card | Tonic Studios Craft Kit #6

January 25, 2018


It seems that when a new Tonic Craft Kit arrives I get a bit extra crafty ... so today  I'm  sharing a video with 5  finished projects and 3 extra ideas to stretch the use of the kit this month (kit #6)


One of the products in the Kit is a Butterfly Die Set designed to create easel cards. 

This die set includes 9 dies, 4 of them are butterflies and you can use them to create a wide variety of projects including home decor... you can cut paper, fabric, felt, thin chipboard, leather .. etc...

The butterfly dies size are:
  • Large butterfly measures: 5x4-1/2"  inches
  • Small butterflies: 1-1/2" inches.
  • Tiny butterfly: 3/4" of an inch.



Ok, so here  I'm also sharing pictures and very brief description of what you saw in the video.

There is a stamp set in the kit with 5 butterfly designs that coordinate with the small dies in the kit.

I found these butterflies perfect to create small and delicate vellum embellishments ...  I used subtle colors but remember you can make them in any color, stitch them to the cardstock and add various layers of die cuts to add even more dimension and interest.



 I missed doing a bit more of stamping for this video. I got very distracted with the dies and that something that happens very often when you grab a Tonic Studios die set.

 So I  put together 2 easel cards ...

You could also use the easels to create table place cards, or to add info on tables as the easel is quite big ( 5"x5-1/2")  you could even fit a menu on them and add info in both sides of the butterfly.

The easel card assembled measure L :5" x W: 5-1/2".  For this card, I used a sheet of teal blue paper in the kit and smooth white cardstock 270 grams.  I also used an alphabet stamp from Honey Bee Stamps to customize the sentiment.

I  wanted to add a glossy or metallic element to this card so I used Burnished Rose Craft Perfect Cardstock I also use the dark blue cardstock in the kit ...
I  kept looking to add a  metallic look to butterfly. So here I used a cooper marker and I colored one of the handmade papers in the craft kit. The paper was initially blue... 

Then  I went for something completely different and   I made the CAS card below using the negative die cut.

I use a sentiment from "Adore You stamp set" by Alatenew (every time I think of you . I smile)


 I really like this card! It is the kind of card I like to put in the post and I can easily change the sentiment the backing paper and adjusted to any occasion.

I also made a notebook cover!  following a few simple steps, this is super easy and quick to make.


To give a better shape to the butterfly,  I used the larger butterfly die to emboss a piece of paper . I die cut it and then I added an intricate butterfly die cut on top...  You can see that a bit better in the video.
 

To add color to this butterfly I mixed  Nuvo Creative pens,  Nuvo glitter pens, white and black fine tip markers ( to add details). As for finishing touch, I used Nuvo Drops.

I was inspired by this month kit image so I used black and blue shades of color.

Yes! Of course you can apply watercolour washes for a more subtle and soft look... This time I went bold.. very bold!



The last thing I did on the video was using the die cuts as stencils. I really wanted to see how the butterfly would look that way so  I  used  Nuvo Mousses ( in spray diluted with water and also in cream) .

If you are tempted to do this you can use any medium you have available and you could transfer that butterfly image on any surface. You can use  Distress Inks, Embossing Paste, Acrylic Paints,  apply clear Versamark ink and embossing powders and heat emboss the butterflies... the sky's the limit.

That's all for today! I hope you like to supplies, the projects, the video and the tips.

 Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here to get my latest blog post or video directly in your inbox.


Hugs

x
Bibi

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thank you for all these amazing and inspiring creations ! I cannot wait to receive my kit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bibi, I Love love love what you've done with this butterfly craft kit, so many fabulous ideas, I can't wait to receive mine you have made me feel like I am sooo excite, thank you honey.... not long to wait until it arrives ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Bibi these projects are not only brilliant but astonishing. I am so in awe for the wonderful step by step video you put together and also all the tips on it. It was a real treat to watch. I can't wait to receive my kit and start creating. You are amazing and so creative. Thank you so much for the inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your video by chance and I loved it! Thanks for all the inspiration you shared! This kit is new to me, so I'll look into it! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs