Copic Colouring + Summer Flowers by Simon Says Stamp

July 12, 2018


Hello everyone,  I hope you are doing well!

 I have the honour to be guest designer over the Simon Says Stamp Blog here today and  I made a couple of cards with a very simple design to share with you.  This was the first time I have ever used Copic markers. I don't know how I managed to survive for so long without Copics in my stash!

The gorgeous floral images are from SSS Summer Flower Stamp Set and the sentiments are from SSS Stained Glass Greetings stamp set.


I stamped all the images with Black Simon Says Stamp! Ink,  and I heat set it.

First I stamped the flowers and then I added colours using Copics. Once I finished colouring I stamped the big sentiment three times using the Tim Holtz Platform as I want it to be bold and sharp.

I  love Simon Says Stamp Black Ink to stamp fine details as it allows to stamp crisp and clean lines .. it is just perfect to avoid blotted or blotchy edges and once it's fully dry it can be used with waterbased colouring products.  Now that I have tried this I can say that it is awesome to use with alcohol markers as well.


I'm a bit obsessed with green and reddish ( brick - wind) colours and  I have lovely watercolour paints and water-based markers in these shades but I  recently have been looking at  Kelly Latevola chatty videos and she inspired me to order my first set of 36 Copic Ciao markers. 

I got the Copic Ciao Markers Set B  which includes reds and green colours, some primary colours and skin colours too! So it was a great solution because it was the one I could afford to give them a try.

I found that buying them in a set is better value for money than buying colours individually as I  got a few Copic markers here and there but they didn't seem enough to make anything much at all really.  

So  I was a bit worried about my Copic colouring skills ( none) although  I had to stop worrying and then I did what I always do: relax and enjoy.  I applied colours without thinking too much, laying down darker colours in some areas of the images and always in flicking motion.

I was having so much fun colouring these images that I quickly made a second card in blue-purple shades as well.


I also used SSS Wonky Rectangles Dies  to die cut the panel and add a decorative stitched pattern on the edges created by this die and Deco Diamonds Background Stamp to stamp that beautiful geometrical pattern on an envelope which is a perfect match for these cards.I'm actually stamping many envelopes with this sptamp... they look beautiful!


That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I  always read your comments and I'm happy to answer any question.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Bibi, I wanted to pop by and say that I am amazed with your gorgeous cards and coloring! Thank you for sharing! I saw your post on Simon Says Stamp. I am now following you by email. :)
    Crafty Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love how you've combined the flowers with the main word, for your very first go with Copic markers these are so nicely blended. I have the word stamps so I might try a card a little like this x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs