Mermaid Wishes with Honey Bee Stamps

July 21, 2018

Hi everyone, I keep practising my Copic colouring and I think Mermaids are perfect for that purpose.  They do not have a lot of detail, the hair normally has lines you can use as coloring guide, and you can also practise skin tones blending.

Today I used the beautiful mermaid from " Swiming by Stamp Set" by honey bee stamps.   This is not the first time I use this image ( you can see other card samples here and here) but it is the first time I coloured her with Copics and I loved the easy and quick process...
I used six colours on her hair ( 3 violets and 3 pinks) but you might  never think I layered so much colours over that area.

I started with the violets and I applied the pink shades on top. I used 3 different  shades  of the same colour family (light, medium and dark) and then I applied the darker colours at the edges blending  the medium  and the lighter colour towards the centre of the image or the areas I wanted to be highlighted. I also applied the colours in flicking motion from the edges towards the centre of the image.
so I did  enjoy  my 15 minutes Copic colouring but you know what? I  enjoyed much more adding colours to the background. 

Although I was unsure about  what to do first, I started by sponging  some of my favourite blue distress ink coloors. I then applied  black distress ink  and  I decided to use  two of the stencils that comes in Ocean Builder stencil  pack and WOW!......those stencils are gorgeous.

L@@K at this stencil pack...

Not in vain, this is one of my favourite stencils as you can use the sun rays and the see plants in many different ways .. this is a top genius design.
I also used  green and purple Tsukineko Encore  Ultimate Metallic inks that a friend sent me a while ago but when creating the supplies list I noticed these inks seems to be discontinued! Noooo.. they are such creamy, beautiful inks.  

It is hard to see how beautiful the metallic reflections but the see plants and bubbles look really beautiful. Love the look!  

I also applied Nuvo shimmer pen over the hair and the mermaid tail and to embellish I used Rhinestones.

Main products are listed below.
That's all for today! I hope you like the card.

Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!for more card ideas and tutorials directly in your inbox 

Many hugs  and happy crafting 
x
Bibi

Supplies

I have listed some of the main supplies used ... when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you very much Shelly. I visited your blog and wow. Love! x hugs

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love how you colored the mermaid and your background looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I really love the stencils :) x Hugs

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs