STAMPTEMBER® Honey Bee Stamps | Watercolour Balloons

September 19, 2018


I'm in love with STAMPtember®  by Simon Says Stamps and all the ideas and inspiration you can see online using new trendy products for papercraft.

For today  I used the just released Tie One On stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps with images and sentiments that scream celebration!!

My daughter asked me for a big card for a dear friend at work and the card needed space so everyone can write a birthday note inside but when she saw this   6" x6 " inches birthday card, she said :  "I love it...  but mum the card  needs to be bigger.. it needs to be HUGE"  Hmmm .... no worries you can make this card in any size to send the best birthday wishes. For now,  I'm sure the card will accommodate everyone signatures inside :)


To make this card  I started by die cutting  Arches watercolour paper with a stitched square die by Honey Bee Stamps.

I  stamped the balloons using Antique Linen Distress ink and I applied Nuvo masking fluid in the areas I wanted to highlight and I allowed the fluid to dry.

I then added washes of colour allowing to dry between applications and using a Silver Black Velvet Brush size 4  - round tip.

I applied colour over a whole ballon and I allow it to dry before overlapping a different shade of colour to create the trans[arency effect.

To create shadows or darker areas   I dropped darker colours of the same colour shade when the paper was still wet and I allowed the watercolours do their thing.

When everything was dry   I removed the masking fluid with my fingertips and I stamped the balloon strings with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

Using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Black Onyx Ink.

Oh !! and do not forget the shimmer .. hardly seen in pictures but is there. I used a Nuvo Shimmer pen and I embellished with Honey Bee Confetti.

Have a look at this HUGE balloon themed stamp set and the sentiments...

Tie one on Stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps.
Exclusive STAMPtember 


If you have placed an order from STAMPtember®   you might have received your stamps nicely wrapped in a beautiful balloon paper !!!  I recycled the paper to make an envelope for my card.

...Actually, the wrapping paper was the inspiration for my card today.

I hope you like my card!

That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,  I  always read them all and I'm happy to answer any question.

 subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! To receive notification when a new post or videos go live.


Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really happy card, loving the stamp set. No wonder your daughter likes it so much. How huge is huge to a little person ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs