Snow Buddies by honey Bee Stamps | Christmas Card

November 17, 2018


Hello everyone, today I'm sharing a super easy card idea using Snow Buddies stamp set and Fa La La stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps.  No masking was needed and I applied easy colouring with Zigs.

Snow Buddies is a 6x8 stamp set with 36 individual stamps. It is huge! it also has coordinating dies, so you can  stamp the images, apply colour, and die cut them to easily layer them up to create fun Christmas cards, tags, boxes, goodie bags.. etc

Check out the stamp set artwork ...


Isn't it super cute? I love it and my 5-year-old daughter loved too!
Actually, it was my little daughter the one who inspired me to make this card as she was trying to teach me how to work without masking, she said that masking was unnecessary and ugly lol. 

Her idea was to stamp a scene where the snowmen were jumping,  dancing or messing around and  we could stamp the hats like if they were falling off from the snowmen head so that we didn't need to worry about masking.  We could also stamp presents or anything else here and there so that we don't need to worry about the background neither. lol

I said - Ok, let's do that and to be honest, I liked that way of thinking lol. 

Although at that moment, I already had stamped one of the snowmen with the hat on. Can you spot him? For that one, I didn't use a mask either.  I use the Tim Holtz stamping platform to know where to stamp the hat first and then when I was inking the snowman stamp, I cleaned the part that would overlap the hat image. No mask used.

I stamped the images and sentiment on a 5"x7" inches piece of Arches watercolour paper using Versafine black ink and the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. This card measure 5-1/2 "x 7-1/2" inches.

To add a little bit extra. I sponged a little bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink around the edges of the panel and I splattered it with a light blue Nuvo Aqua Flow pen. I also added blue dots with a Nuvo glitter marker.

I coloured all the images using the Zigs (water-based markers) and spread the ink with the help of a Nuvo water brush.

I  added black Nuvo drops to the eyes of the snowmen and the buttons and I also used Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the noses, the presents and the top tall hat. Sadly the Glaze activated the watercolours and it bled a little bit ! Noooo.



PIN ME



That's all for today.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,  I  always read them all and I'm happy to answer any questions.


Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! To receive notification when a new post or videos go live.

Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fabulous, fun card Bibi. I love this set but am struggling to get it down in Uk, any clues who has them ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I like the way your daughter thinks. It looks so cute with them all up in the air. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs