Beautiful; Flowers Happy New Year handmade card / calendar cover | All you need is love 2019

December 31, 2018


Happy New Year everyone,  I wish you health,  joy,  peace, success,  love and the very best for you and your family in 2019!

May you have an amazing crafty year ahead, loaded with inspiration, creativity and good vibes. 

For today, I wanted to make a desk calendar cover but at very last minute I decided to use the cover to make this oversized card. It measures  8"x 4-1/2" inches. So yay! It is huge.



I mixed and matched non-holiday supplies with the aim to enjoy Copic Colouring and to have the chance to relax a wee bit.  December has been a very busy month and emotionally challenging as my mum has been very unwell and recently my father-in-law had serious health complications.

So  I defo needed to ink paper more than normal but I also wanted to keep it simple.

I stamped the images using Memento Black ink and the sentiments using Simon Says Stamp Black Ink.

The floral image is from  SSS Beautiful Flowers II  stamp set,  the sentiment is from SSS Ornate Love stamp set and the die cut numbers are from Journaling Numbers die set by Neat and Tangled.

First, I applied markers in the base of the flower petals and I didn't apply colour at the edge of the petals. 

I also was trying different colour combinations using the shades available in the  Copic Ciao Set B but after a while, I reached red and pink markers as these colours always look good to me. 

I added a hint of yellow and peach marker here and there and at the very end, I used the blender marker to smooth any hardline.  I also applied a light grey at the edge of the flower petals.

To add a bit more of contrast, I  used a black, a purple and a warm grey Faber Castel Polychrome pencils at the base of the flower petals or any area I wanted to add shadows..


I also applied gold shimmer over the leaves using a Nuvo Midas Touch Pen. The shimmer is georgeous but impossible to show in pictures and even less with the very little light, we get during the cold winter days here in Scotland but this is something I defo will feature in further videos.

I  also splattered the panel with this pen,  with the ink of a white posca marker and with a dark blue Nuvo Aqua Flow pen so the paper got a beautiful, white, golden sparkled texture and some dark speckles as well.


I die cut the numbers out of Gold Mirror cardstock and I embellish with crystal sequins.


PIN ME




That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I  always read your comments and I'm happy to answer if needed.


If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Happy New Year Bibi & family. Great card, lovely colouring. Big ! Would have made a great desk calendar, hehe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs