Watercolor Cupcake | Piece of Cake Stamp Set by Honey Bee Stamps

February 01, 2019


Happy Friday everyone.... Brrr it is freezing here in Scotland and it is snowing!! but anyway,  I was in a hotel room in South Wales last weekend trying to add colour to this image while attempting for the very first time to create textures such as the cake cream,  the cake sponge itself and the paper case using watercolours.

I was brave enough to even try to add a glossy effect to the cake stand! PLOP. 

So I watched tutorials on Youtube to see how people achieve this but I guess practice and the right tools will allow you to achieve better results.

I only carried some  Zigs, some Arteza markers and a water brush so I had to deal with that. I was happy with the practice and I thought this piece needed to go to the paper heaven (bin)  but then I decided to keep it and to finish a card with it just because I love the look and feel of that cherry.

  Look at that cherry!!!



So I found the images from Piece of Cake stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps perfect to learn a lot of different things when using watercolours or markers  (Copics)  but of course, you can just add a wash of colour without the fussiness and you will be done in a few minutes.  


You can have a better look at the gorgeous artwork and this stamp set also has a coordinating die set
With this stamp set,  you can create different cupcake styles and it also includes a piece of cake and a cake stand.

I  stamped the images from Piece of Cake stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps on bristol smooth paper using Antique Linen Distress Ink and I added colours with Zigs and Arteza Markers using a water brush.




I used watercolour pencils to add darker areas and I also used a White Posca Marker to add highlights.

To finish I decided to  use Chevron Arrows Stencil to create an easy background and I embellished with Nuvo Crystal Glaze and Nuvo Dream Drops.


That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I  always read your comments and I'm happy to answer any query.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy Sunday ! The snow is very slowly melting here in the midlands, we didn't get as much as they warned us about. Love that cherry. Glad you didn't pop this one in the bin as I think it's quite pretty. Thank you for sharing. Have a warmer week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs