Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead Release | Blog Hop Day 2

April 25, 2020


Hello from the north of Scotland! Welcome to my blog and to Simon Says Stamp Sunnier days ahead Blog hop. 

We are celebrating a new release and for today I'm using the absolutely gorgeous Spring Flowers stamp set together with Outline Mama wafer die.

Explore the whole release here!

Mama so very grateful for you


For this card, I wanted to use the outline of the large die-cut word "Mama"

  • I started by stamping the flowers and leaves from Spring Flowers stamp set on cold press Arches watercolour paper using Versafine Onix Black ink.
  • Then,  I applied colours using Schmincke watercolour paints.
  • Using my Tim Holtz Snips I fussy cut the images.


  • I  die cut the large word ( MAMA) out of white and black cardstock and I glued the black one over the white one.
  • I then die cut a piece of Tonic watercolor paper for the background using Wonky Rectangles dies.
  • Next,  I arranged the images and the large die cut word over the background panel and I glued everything using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
  • Then,  I stamped the sentiment 'So very grateful for you" from Simple Sentiments stamp set, using Versafine Black Onix Ink.
  •  I adhered the panel watercolor panel onto a piece of kraft paper using double-sided tape and I  stick this on a card base also using double-sided tape.
  • I embellished with sequins.

Mama you are numero uno

Tonic Watercolor paper is a very nice looking white watercolor paper.  
  • It is affordable and it is great to create inked backgrounds or for mixed media.
  • It is very nice to create card bases like the one in the picture below.
  • It is also nice for die cut words and it is also great for stamping sentiments on or solid bold images.
      However,  this paper seems to be more alike to mixed media quality paper as it doesn't hold the watercolors washes as you would expect and the paint always bleed over the stamped lines or beyond.


      Mama I love you so very much 


      For this card, I  inlaid the die-cut word "Mama" over the stamped composition.

      • I  first stamped the images on Arches Cold Press watercolour paper using Versafine Black Onix ink and I also did a little bit of masking.
      • I  applied colour using Schmincke watercolour paints.
      • I also die cut the large word out of kraft cardstock and put aside.
      • Then, I die cut the watercolour panel using the large Mama die.
      • Using double-sided tape I adhered the watercolor panel over a piece of kraft cardstock.
      •  I then inlaid the Outline of the word MAMA  I die cut out of kraft cardstock and I  glued the letters I die cut our of the watercolour panel.
      •  also used a pre-printed sentiment: " I love you so very much" from Sentiments Stripes Reverse Love.
      • I sued a Craft Perfect A2 Card BlankThese are really premium quality card bases and envelopes.

      Hold Fast in this storm mama, you are strong


       I also wanted to do something totally different.  

      So for this card, I used some of the stamps from Your Light stamp set together with Outline Mama wafer die.

      You can see more of "Your Light Stamp set" in the video here!


      Hard to see in pictures but defo my latest great discoveries. I also used  "Peacock Plume" Nuvo Sparkle Spray on Tonic Watercolor paper. 

      This new color of Nuvo Sparkle spray is part of the next new Nuvo trend called White Wonderland (available from June).

      I listed below some sparkle sprays available on the Simon Says Stamps that could be interesting for you.

      You can place the spray far away from the paper to create speckles or close to the paper to totally cover its surface to create the most spectacular metallic texture.  

      Once you apply the spray you can seal it using Gesso or  Distress Glaze.

      It is simply beautiful for die-cut words. I'll get a video done on this as soon as I get more colors. 

      Blog Hop


                                                The next in the hop is Gayatri Murali >>> 



      Simon Says Stamp Blog 
      Bibi Cameron You are here!!

      ADDITIONAL INSPIRATION using previously released Simon branded products.



      Giveaway


      • Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section. 
      • Winners will be chosen s over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 29th of April. 

      That's all for today. I hope I could inspire you to create using beautiful Simon Says Stamp supplies.

      Happy Crafting

      Stay Safe!
      Bibi

      Supplies

      Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog,  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.


      Thanks for your support!

      You Might Also Like

      125 comments

      1. How pretty they all are. I LOVE how you colored the leaves in blue/green. I'm going to look at your cards again because I really love them!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I love your watercolored flowers, the colors are amazing. Thanks for sharing

        ReplyDelete
      3. Amazing cards using the new goodies! Love them all!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Babi, your cards are gorgeous. I love the color combinations! Amazing!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Your water-colored flowers are so beautiful. Wish we had a video to see how you did them. This release has some fantastic things in it.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Gorgeous cards! Amazing watercoloring and compositions. I love your color palette.

        ReplyDelete
      7. What beautiful cards, Bibi! Love each one of them. Your watercolors are so pretty.

        ReplyDelete
      8. Super cards, I love the Stay Strong one. Thanks.

        ReplyDelete
      9. These are all gorgeous! Love the watercoloring and colors you chose. Will have to check out the sparkle spray.

        ReplyDelete
      10. Love your mama cards. Thanks for sharing.

        ReplyDelete
      11. I love how you used the MAMA die! So many great designs! And so bold!

        ReplyDelete
      12. Your cards are beautiful and I love that Nuvo Sparkle spray you used.

        ReplyDelete
      13. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing

        ReplyDelete
      14. Each one is absolutely stunning!!

        ReplyDelete
      15. Beautiful and dimensional designs, FABULOUS!

        ReplyDelete
      16. So lovely! Your work is amazing!

        ReplyDelete
      17. Well Bibi...all of these are just stunning! Love the colors you used and your card designs! I actually ordered the MAMA die already!

        ReplyDelete
      18. Amazing color! and fabulous talent! Thank you for sharing.

        ReplyDelete
      19. Love your cards and especially the Mama die.

        ReplyDelete
      20. As I scrolled down, each new card drew another WOW! These are all gorgeous and beautifully created and colored!

        ReplyDelete
      21. Love your coloring, so unique and beautiful! This release is really special.

        ReplyDelete
      22. Great collection of cards.
        Love the flowers but that
        last card is so elegant
        that it's my favorite.
        thanks for sharing
        txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

        ReplyDelete
      23. Love your cards. They are all so pretty, thank you for sharing with us. Take care and stay healthy.

        ReplyDelete
      24. Love the colors on the first two, but the You Are Strong card is so beautiful, I love everything about it. Thanks!

        ReplyDelete
      25. Oh my these are fabulous, love your water coloring!

        ReplyDelete
      26. Oh my goodness! Your cards are AMAZING and I love how you used the MAMA die!! Your card project designs and color palettes are so lovely!!

        ReplyDelete
      27. Awesome Sunny Days Ahead Release! Awesome creations! I love your watercoloring, they are all beautiful!

        ReplyDelete
      28. Lovely, deep, rich colors on the floral cards and the cut out border around the third card was so pretty.

        ReplyDelete
      29. Love an organic look to a card. Very lovely cards. Thanks and please be healthy!

        ReplyDelete
      30. Your cards are so beautiful!

        ReplyDelete
      31. What lovely and inspiring cards.

        ReplyDelete
      32. Fabulous cards!! Your designs are magnificent!! I love the way you colored the flowers!!

        ReplyDelete
      33. Beautiful watercoloring. And I love using the MAMA as a background.

        ReplyDelete
      34. So pretty! Love this release!

        ReplyDelete
      35. These cards are so pretty. You do a great job with watercolors.

        ReplyDelete
      36. I like your unusual style...lovely cards!!

        ReplyDelete
      37. Oh I LOVE your beautiful cards!!!

        ReplyDelete
      38. Thank you for sharing. My mother has always been 'Mama' to me.

        ReplyDelete
      39. I love your water coloring--it's gorgeous, colors are so vibrant! Great release from SSS

        ReplyDelete
      40. Love the use of the MAMA die, and the die cut inlays! Thank you!

        ReplyDelete
      41. What a pretty bunch of cards...love them.

        ReplyDelete
      42. Thanks for the amazing inspiration. I love the gorgeous coloring and the great sentiments. The new release is great. Especially the fabulous dies.

        ReplyDelete
      43. These cards make me wish I was your mama, I'd love to be the recipient. They are so lovely.

        ReplyDelete
      44. Beautiful cards! Love your designs and the coloring!

        ReplyDelete
      45. Your cards are stunning! Very beautiful water coloring!

        ReplyDelete
      46. Lovely cards, especially the blue greens.

        ReplyDelete
      47. The flowers are beautiful, and I love the rich colors you used for your cards. A very inspiring post!

        ReplyDelete
      48. Your cards are wonderful. Thank you.

        ReplyDelete
      49. Beautiful cards. I love the Spring Flowers stamp -- so many possibilities!

        ReplyDelete
      50. Such gorgeous cards!
        Thanks so much for sharing.

        ReplyDelete
      51. Very elegant cards! Any Mom would be so happy receive one of your cards.

        ReplyDelete
      52. wow! your cards are amazing. I love everything about them. Thank you for sharing those awesome ideas.

        ReplyDelete
      53. I love the colors, and the sequins add the final touch.

        ReplyDelete
      54. That's a lovely word die, love how you combined it with the flowers.

        ReplyDelete
      55. Beautiful cards Bibi! Love your watercolour style, lovely colours and designs.

        ReplyDelete
      56. The cards are all so pretty, but I absolutely love the way you colored the flowers in the first two cards! Gives them a totally unique look!

        ReplyDelete
      57. Gorgeous color combos on these beauties.

        ReplyDelete
      58. Love all the flowers in this release... Unfortunately I am without a Mom now. These would be great for many occasions. Thanks for sharing them.

        ReplyDelete
      59. Awesome cards. Very striking.

        ReplyDelete
      60. Love all of these cards! You have a great eye for color. BEAUTIFUL!

        ReplyDelete
      61. Your cards are truly beautiful. Those red flowers are gorgeous! I really miss my Mom...

        ReplyDelete
      62. Absolutely gorgeous set of cards!

        ReplyDelete
      63. I love the bright colors you use.

        ReplyDelete
      64. wow your cards are gorgeous - the multi tone coloring on the flowers is very inspiring

        ReplyDelete
      65. Beautiful mother's day cards! Thank you for multiple ideas and inspiration.

        ReplyDelete
      66. Nuvo Sparkle Spray! ♥♥♥

        ReplyDelete
      67. So many great ideas for Mother's Day cards. Very inspiring!

        ReplyDelete
      68. Beautiful! I love how the kraft paper contrasts with the colored stamps!

        ReplyDelete
      69. What a beautiful title for a beautiful release. So many wonderful products and artists for us to follow. As an Australian 🇦🇺 I especially love the “Mum” die. A lot of the cards I used to make for my Mum, before she passed, had the top of the “O” cut out of them🙂 Thank you to Simon for the release and to you for the inspiration 💖

        ReplyDelete
      70. Very different sentiment. I LOVE it.

        ReplyDelete
      71. The colors on your flowers are vibrant and beautiful

        ReplyDelete
      72. Your watercoloring on these Mother's Day cards is beautiful!

        ReplyDelete
      73. Both the cards are amazing and the highlight is the die cut sentiment

        ReplyDelete
      74. Thank you for sharing four beautiful cards with us.

        ReplyDelete
      75. Absolutely gorgeous cards

        ReplyDelete
      76. Stunning cards, love the designs!

        ReplyDelete
      77. Beautiful floral designs and coloring! Love the Outline Mama die too. Lovely cards!

        ReplyDelete
      78. So pretty, love that watercolouring!

        ReplyDelete
      79. You've created some fabulous cards. Love the black with those beautiful colors.

        ReplyDelete
      80. Great examples for different styles.

        ReplyDelete
      81. These are so, so beautiful, love them all!

        ReplyDelete
      82. What a beautiful collection of cards!

        ReplyDelete
      83. Gorgeous cards, both of them.are so lovely.. I am in love with the watercolors now.. They are fantastic and so much full of positive vibes.. I love them

        ReplyDelete
      84. I love your color choice. All of these cards are amazing.

        ReplyDelete
      85. Love all the different ways you used the mama die. The inlaid is my favorite.

        ReplyDelete
      86. SWOON!! These are BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the colors!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

        ReplyDelete
      87. Judy Rutherford26 April 2020 at 21:31

        Cards are great. I especially like the one using the border bling die. Thank you for sharing your talent!

        ReplyDelete
      88. Judy Rutherford26 April 2020 at 21:32

        Really like the border bling card! Thank you for sharing your talent!

        ReplyDelete
      89. Your watercolored images are very striking on the crisp white cardstock, Bravo!!

        ReplyDelete
      90. Wow! All of your cards are works of art; the last one is my favorite because of the color, texture, and the die-cut frame is perfect! Thank you

        ReplyDelete
      91. Ooooh, your cards are fantastic! I love the deep, rich colors. Fun for a variation of the brights and pastels (which I love).

        ReplyDelete
      92. All four of your cards are absolutely stunning!!

        ReplyDelete
      93. Love your card. So pretty.

        ReplyDelete
      94. Simply gorgeous! love the first one!

        ReplyDelete
      95. Beautiful! I love how you popped up your flowers and sentiments. Each one is gorgeous. TFS!

        ReplyDelete
      96. Love all the dimension and pretty colors on your cards! Great inspiration - thanks for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
      97. The spring flowers set is one of my faves from this release, thank you for sharing inspiration!

        ReplyDelete
      98. So many nice designs! Each one has its own charm. I especially like the new SSS dies for MOM, MAMA, and MUM. Not only do they look great (as evidenced in your cards) but they allow crafters to use the name that really suits them.

        ReplyDelete
      99. Beautiful cards Bibi! It was hard to choose a favorite, in the end I chose the watercolored one, so artsy with those beautifully colored flowers and craft letters. TFS

        ReplyDelete
      100. very beautiful cards, each very unique
        thanks for sharing
        Barb Housner

        ReplyDelete
      101. Super pretty cards! Love the designs and colors! :)

        ReplyDelete
      102. I love the rich color tones you used. I especially like the composition of the first card. Thank you for the inspiration!

        ReplyDelete
      103. I literally couldn't pick a favorite from your batch. Thanks so much
        for sharing your cards!

        ReplyDelete
      104. Those flowers are gorgeous, and so is your watercoloring! I love the colors.

        ReplyDelete
      105. These are beautiful! I love the colors r that you chose. I love Earth tones and neutrals so these darker colors look wonderful to me.

        ReplyDelete
      106. I love all your cards you created each one different and unique thanks for sharing

        ReplyDelete
      107. I love the rich deep water coloring. The bold black sentiment really give the card a popping statement.
        Very beautiful.
        Erica K.

        ReplyDelete
      108. WOW! WOW! WOW! These cards are gorgeous! I love your water colouring with the large word dies, that either are in black or dry embossed! I also really enjoyed reading your blog, and your explanation of the watercolour paper. I have never used archers cold pressed, as it seems very expensive to me, and I am not a great watercolourer. It was great to see the results from the different paper, and your explanation of how each of them preforms! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

        ReplyDelete
      109. Such pretty flowers. Love the you are strong one especially.

        ReplyDelete

      Thanks for your comments.

      Subscribe

      Total Pageviews

      DIE CUTTING CLUBS

      Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs