Spellbinders April 2020 Clubs Inspiration Blog Hop

April 17, 2020



Hello from Scotland,  Welcome to my blog and to the Spellbinders April Clubs Inspiration Blog Hop.

It is an honor to be amongst those who can share the joy of papercraft with you today!!!

I hope you are doing well during this time.   I feel that craftying is really helping me and I sincerely hope is helping you as well. Stay safe and focused on the positive.

Ok... So for today, I mixed the ideas I shared this month using different Spellbinders kits.

I made this treat holder card, with a pull-out tab that can carry a secret message,  a small gift or money.



For this project I used:
In the picture below you can see how you can place money on the tab.

You can stick the note on the tab with a glue dot and one the recipient pulls it out the note will unfold.

How I made this...

  • This is not different than inserting a narrow stripe of paper through an aperture or a slit. 
  • You need to add something at the end of the tab in the back of the paper to stop it from coming off, I glued a small stripe piece of paper across the end of the slider tap ( it look like a T ruler), so that the paper can't pass through the slit on the front of the card.
  • You also need to cut it to the size and check if it moves as you wish.
  • I foam mount the front panel so the slide can move with ease in the back of it but this is not necessary.  You just need to make sure that the tab doesn't get stuck to anything.
Sunday Drive Etched Dies cuts the boot of the die-cut car, so I really didn't have to do anything to the die-cut shape.

There is another die in Sunday Drive Etched Dies that will allow you to cut a window or a matting layer to add a sentiment over the boot door.
    I used that die to cut the backing panel of the patterned paper to make a gap to be able to insert the slider tab.
        It sounds a lot more complicated than it is but this is very easy!


        I just think this is a creative way to stretch the use of the dies we got on different kits this month and if you haven't got them you still have the chance to explore the kits!

        Happy Holidays Box and Tag

        Here, I also have a little bonus project to share with you mixing supplies in the kits. 


        I used the Paper Pad included in the kit, which is always awesome for little 3D projects.

        You can have a look at my latest 3D paper projects using this paper here and here.

        For the tag, I used the stamp set included in the Spellbinders Craft Kit of this Month  - May 2020 and a die included in the Small Die of the Month - April 2020.

        Blog Hop 


        The next in the hop is the incredible Kathy Clement 


        Giveaway
        • Spellbinders is giving away a  $25 gift certificate to a happy winner from the comment section on my blog.

        • Shartl please email me to bibicameron@gmail.com  to claim your prize. 


        Thank you very much for stopping by!

        Sending Hugs and happy crafting.

        x
        Bibi

        Supplies

        Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog,  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

        Thanks for your support!

        You Might Also Like

        56 comments

        1. Such a sweet card I would have never thought to use the car die that way

          ReplyDelete
        2. wow what an amazing card - love that it can hide a gift in it - thanks for the inspiration

          ReplyDelete
        3. Bibi, your cards are outstanding. LOVE the little truck die card....my mind is blown with the possibilities for it!

          ReplyDelete
        4. I love this die and I love what you created with it! So clever! Love the colors!

          ReplyDelete
        5. Very clever design on the car having the truck open!

          ReplyDelete
        6. Bibi, such a clever way to add a gift card to your charming card. Your card is so beautiful and a gift in itself! Thanks for sharing.

          ReplyDelete
        7. Bibi - I love how you used the Sunday Drive dies with this month's kit!! So cute!! Thanks for the inspiration.

          ReplyDelete
        8. this is a very creative card. You were very smart to create a way to add money or gift card to the truck. The directions sound easy too. And your tag was very nice.

          ReplyDelete
        9. I love that cute card! Its gorgeous

          ReplyDelete
        10. Wow! Really clever! Love this card!

          ReplyDelete
        11. What a beautiful card, and love how cleverly you did the treat part! TFS!

          ReplyDelete
        12. Love the different options you display!! Thank you for sharing!

          ReplyDelete
        13. So adorable! It is so clever to have a car trunk that opens & holds a little gift. Love the colors, too.

          ReplyDelete
        14. So sweet and what a fun surprise inside for the lucky recipient! Lovely inspiration with these products.

          ReplyDelete
        15. I'm so enamored of your car card! I love the gold with the pink and teal! You have so many beautiful elements on your card!

          ReplyDelete
        16. Beautiful card just love it. Thank you for sharing

          ReplyDelete
        17. I am in love with this car die set! You did a fabulous job on making it a darling treat card. I love the colors. the little gift box is adorable as well.

          ReplyDelete
        18. Gorgeous card! Love how you can open the trunk! ❤😘

          ReplyDelete
        19. Your wedding card is just precious!!

          ReplyDelete
        20. So so cute! Love how you made the tag with the dies. Love that card!

          ReplyDelete
        21. This card is adorable! I love the way the trunk opens to show a little message ❤️

          ReplyDelete
        22. Fabulous card and tag! I just love the way you decorated the car and added the gift in the trunk! Adorable tag too and another way to use the 'holidays' sentiment die!

          ReplyDelete
        23. Wow! Your card is so beautiful and what a surprise to add a gift to it..making it interactive!

          ReplyDelete
        24. Great card using the Sunday Drive Etched Dies. Excellent utilization of Spellbinders other Club of the Month Kits. Wish I could afford to subscribe to them all.

          ReplyDelete
        25. What a great card with the convertible and how would it look paired with the awesome truck die too! Spellbinder makes the best and most detailed dies in the industry!

          ReplyDelete
        26. Oh my, this is adorable!! I love the surprise pulled from the trunk of the cute card. I'm smitten!

          ReplyDelete
        27. What a cute idea. SO FANCY, and perfect for a wedding....

          ReplyDelete
        28. I always love your cards and design ideas! Thank you for sharing with us.

          ReplyDelete
        29. I love all the hearts and how you did the embossed background! The truck is so versatile! Cute little box too!

          ReplyDelete
        30. Love your card. Thanks for sharing.

          ReplyDelete
        31. Such a fun and beautiful interactive card! I love the car die dressed up as a wedding car.

          ReplyDelete
        32. Love love love this card! I think this would be my first die choice! I also love the beehive heart!

          ReplyDelete
        33. WOW, this gift card design is amazing! I love the car with all the pretty metallic touches, and then to make the trunk open up for a surprise is so fun.

          ReplyDelete
        34. Thanks for the amazing inspiration! I am totally in love with the new products! Especially the April card kit!

          ReplyDelete
        35. The card is beautiful, I love the interactive element too!

          ReplyDelete
        36. the car is as much fun as the truck! Cute card!

          ReplyDelete
        37. Two amazing projects! I love the little candy box and that truck with it's gold accents and pop open truck is so creative. Very, very cool truck!

          ReplyDelete
        38. LOVE LOVE how there is a surprise in the trunk.

          ReplyDelete
        39. I don't know which I like more now the truck or the car die. Need them both and can't wait until the car die is available. Your card is amazing and I just love the surprise in the trunk.

          ReplyDelete
        40. Very interesting use creating the pull section.

          ReplyDelete
        41. Great idea, love the little extras on a card.

          ReplyDelete
        42. Oh my gosh!!! Your card is gorgeous!!! Luv all the gold foil on your Sunday card creation! And an open trunk with a surprise ...WOW!!! Luv ghis! TFS, Suzy Q

          ReplyDelete
        43. Love interactive card.
          this one is clever and will
          wow the new couple.
          thanks for sharing
          txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

          ReplyDelete
        44. What a corking imagination you have! This card is buzz worthy and captivating!! And the recipient will just love it - I know I do.

          ReplyDelete
        45. What a fun, beautiful card. The treat holder design is genius!

          ReplyDelete
        46. Am loving this sweet little convertible!! Love that the trunk opens and has a secret pocket inside!!

          ReplyDelete
        47. Pretty and clever truck design and I like the heart balloons and the bonus project.

          ReplyDelete
        48. After seeing your card I MUST have that set!!!! This project is amazing.

          ReplyDelete
        49. I really like the cheery color palette. This card is beautiful and I'm liking all the dimensions. Bonus that you have what appears to be real ribbon hanging from the balloons!

          ReplyDelete

        Thanks for your comments.

        Subscribe

        Total Pageviews

        DIE CUTTING CLUBS

        Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs