DOUBLE SLIDER CARD TUTORIAL + SKY IS THE LIMIT FREE SALE-A-BRATION STAMP SET #GDP017 - Colour Challenge

January 05, 2016


What a fun I had making  double slider cards for the challenge #17  of Global Design Project . I was looking forward to put my hands on "Sky is the limit" stamp set  (ref 141282) one of the free items of Stampin Up Sale - A Bration 2016 catalog and I wanted that plane moving somehow on the front panel of a card. I have been bitten by the interactive cards bug if you notice in my last post. 


I'm fascinated with paper engineering as well!! isn't it cool and it is easy as well.


- "There is not such a thing as Paper Engineering Bibi", said my husband.  Well, there is and paper engineering is a term used to describe the design and creation of pop up books in arts,  this usage should not be confused with traditional paper engineering etc etc (according wikipedia) but anyway playing with paper is  cool and relaxing!

So these cards are just another attempt to discover how this things works and enjoy crafting so I'm sharing this idea with you in my blog post today.  I will sharing my findings about this kind of cards in a video tutorial that will be available shortly so make sure to subscribe here to my YouTube Channel to watch it.

Oh!  This week we have  a GDP fun colour challenge and  you can also joining us with a project click here to see how to participate


As I noticed that I don't own any item in Rose Red and Garden Green colours :( I was allowed to use similar colours shades instead. I used  Mossy Meadow, Melon Mambo and Crumb cake inks, card stock  and DSP to complete the challenge. 

Double Slider Card - Sky is the Limit Stamp set by Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla card stock base and crumb cake card stock panel in Mossy Meadow colour  from  going places designer series paper stack and small pieces from Have a Cuppa DSP in Melon Mambo colour. I used  Mossy Meadow ink to stamp "Congratulations", Melon Mambo ink to Stamp " Sky's the limit and black archival ink from Stampin' Up! to stamp the airplane.

I made another card but I failed in adding crumb cake colour. Then I thought what I'm doing for goodness sake where I'm supposed to add something more in that colour? I try to add a small flower embellishment in my desperation to complete the challenge but that will be extreme lol.  I was working on this at 2 a.m  and coughing due to a winter cold that do not want to go away + 8 months pregnant so please forgive me. Here  you can see the picture of my colour challenge failure.


Slider Card made on black card stock base and Going Places Designer Series Paper in Very Vanilla and Mossy meadow colours . I used a layer of Melon Mambo card stock for the background and I stamp "Sky is the limit" with  Mossy meadow ink and the airplane with Melon Mambo ink.
And this is the stamp set. Absolutely unique. Love it!
Sky is the limit stamp set of 8 individual stamps. choose your stamp in clear or  wood mounted when spending £45 worth in products in my shop

Have you seen video tutorial to make this card? if so this are the complementary measurements of this card or CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL.








Thanks for stopping by and  Click here or in the pictures below  to order Stampin' Up! Supplies 24 /7
Please  feel free to leave a comment or  to ask any question. I'll be happy to keep in touch with you. x Bibi



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Awesome cards Bibi. I agree with you there is such a thing as paper engineering! Anyone who paper crafts, makes cards, scrapbooks is a "paper engineer" in my mind. Just like anyone who does the housework is a "domestic engineer" lol. Looking forward to the video tutorial. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna. You made me giggle. Ill have the video ready this Sat evening and post it ASAP in my YouTube Channel. x Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the video tutorial Bibi, it's very detailed. Now I just have to make one myself. Have a great day. Cheers Donna Z :)

      Delete
  2. Why make one card when you can make two which move and perform magic tricks, its not like you are pregnant with a toddler of anything? You are amazing Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun cards Bibi! I love that you made a card in motion with a plane image as a nod to the fact that the plane is in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bibi, I have just come across your channel, the double slider card is just fantastic! I also love kenetic cards and am always on the lookout for different ideas. This is one I will try to make for my grandson. thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs