FAUX WATER BACKGROUND TIMELESS TEXTURES STAMPIN' UP! FOR GDP026 - Sketch Challenge

March 07, 2016

Hello, this week on Global Design Project we have a Sketch Challenge for you! and I have made a simple card using Timeless Textures Stamp Set from Stampin' Up! to create a faux water background together with Bear hugs Stamp Set, Honeycomb Happiness Stamp Set and Balloon Celebration Stamp Set from Stampin' Up! 

I'm just exploring and sharing possibilities to add a different sense to cards mixing stamp sets. The card below is my entry for the challenge this week. I hope you like it!











Click here to see more projects or to participate in Global Design Project challenge #26









Materials used to make this card


Click on each product to see full description or to order online.


 Stamps used to make this card

From left to right:
SEE FREE  SALE-A-BRATION ITEMS CATALOG HERE AND HERE 
LIMITED TIME ONLY ( OFFER VALID UNTIL MARCH 31/2016)

I made another card with a similar water background in a previous post (CLICK HERE TO VIEW) and I got a few emails asking how I have stamped the background. It is very very easy and I decided to make a video just to show you how I do it:  WATCH VIDEO HERE TO SEE HOW I MADE THIS CARD
CLICK HERE to see other background idea using Timeless Textures Stamp set 

Thanks for stopping by! And please feel free to leave a comments as I love to hear from you.

 x Bibi

How is my crafty life after having a new baby...

I can't craft as I would like to but I do  my best as I do believe in the therapeutic power of crafting. I can't complain as I'm feeling well over all  and  after food poisoning yesterday and maybe an infected  c- section stitch I still haven't any pain but as I want a speed recovery so I'm not over doing. 


  Harris is an angel! He is pretty content and healthy. He  eat, sleep have plenty wet and dirty nappies and  mummy is working hard to make him feel as good as possible. 
My toddler Emma is needing more attention than usual. She is even impersonating the baby crying to get a warm bottle and is being a bit stubborn. I can't do what we normally do so mamma Technology is giving me a hand. I'm not happy with this but it is a little help and it is not forever.



My daughter Paula is an independent teenager. She is 20 and she still leaves at home. As a Latin person I'm not desperate for my daughter to leave the nest but soon she will fly away to go to a university :(- Anyway  she is almost never at home lol. She is working, or at the gym, or with a friend, or travelling or just OUT! Teenagers right? But she still enjoy sharing with her sister and brother and some times she cooks delicious and healthy  food for mummy.














You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Wonderful card Bibi! Love the update of the family too. I hope you get needed rest though. You are such a busy woman. Thank you for sharing this amazing technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much . I really enjoy being part of GDP and thats because of you. couldn't thank you enough for inviting me to share creativity which such amazing people. x

      Delete
  2. This is the cutest!!! I'm so glad you had a moment to craft. Being a mom of three little guys (5 and under), I need that me time and you do too! Harris is adorable and sweet lil Emma will adjust :) blessings, Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly. you are absolutely right I need that me time to avoid going nuts. being a housewife is the most challenging thing ever. I used to have a full time work and I always though that being a housewife was easy. I didn't recognize the hard work and sacrifices that involves to be at home 24/7 but "hang in there" it also have rewards that cant be pay with money.
      x Hugs Bibi.

      Delete
  3. Again with that fish! soooo smart with the balloon tail for the fishing line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have many more ideas for that fish.. but I know I have to move on to another set. lol thanks dear Krista

      Delete
  4. I have to admit, this must be THE cutest card I have seen in a long time. I think someone should send it to you with everything happening in your household at the moment. Love the updates. Take care of you xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks Paula, you are always so kind. Every mum after having a baby need a card like this. I'm exhausted but c'est la vie. I like to be and feel busy. x Bibi

      Delete
  5. This is such a wonderful card, Bibi! I tried my darnedest to make water from that stamp, but I never got it to look this amazing. Love this fish - such a great use of this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Brian, the ink is the secret. I find pacific point, marina mist are the best to do this. :) x Bibi

      Delete
  6. Fun card! Lovely family! Thanks for still making time to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure Melody. Sending you hugs from Scotland. X

      Delete
  7. I adore this card and I am only the case the faux water background for a class in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Teneale I hope I can see the beautiful things you reacted with this background. I over your work and thanks for your kind comment. X

      Delete
  8. Beautiful!! Great idea!

    You have beautiful children ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steffi, it is an honour to be part of GDP designer team with you. You are such a talented Stamoin Up demonstrator. :) X

      Delete
  9. I love the way you did the water! So realistic! Gorgeous children too, I particularly love Harris checking things out with only one eye open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you make me giggle. Harris bearly open his big brown eyes. He is a lazy wee man, I'm glad you like my water background idea. I was thinking about how to do this while bottle feeding my baby. I normally sit down at my craft room and experiment but now I have to do everything in my mind as I'm very short of time. I have been making cards in my mind before siting in my craft room and this has been great to optimise time and recourses. X

      Delete
  10. Oh my, how fabulous & clever!! Your children are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Thanks for stopping by and take time to leave a comment. X

      Delete
  11. The water is amazing...I'm going to watch the video. Timeless Textures and Gorgeous Grunge are my fav background stamps but seriously, that water is perfect...looks like a photo! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Bibi, and such a cute family! Very impressed with how many things you are juggling! Make the card, photograph the card, blog the card!! All with a new baby and a toddler. Amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely Cheryll, I'm so glad to feel well after the c-section. My prompt and pain free recovery has been a key to be able to keep doing extra things as the ones you mention. I couldn't do this with my previous c-section. I'm even thinking in blogging about what I did to be pain free as the minimum information have changed my whole experience. With Emma I had an emergency c-section and I wasn't ready for it. Lack of knowledge cause me to be in agony for 2 months and very grumpy. Today I'm fine and Harris is an easy baby. Emma is a tornado but I manage. X :) so thank you very much for your support and all your kind comments. X Bibi

      Delete
  13. I love the way you've done the water on this card - makes me think i need that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a fabulous job, great card Bibi !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs