DIY WEDDING IDEAS: BRIDE BOUQUET AND MORE

August 04, 2016

Hi there, I'm a paper craft addict but I have had many hobbies in my life. One of them was making flower decorations and as today I'm celebrating my wedding Anniversary I had this idea of sharing my DIY projects with you... 

The most important is  you  can make any of these projects  with minimum or zero knowledge about floristry, sewing or paper craft. 

I'll start for my wedding bouquet.... 
 

Made with beautiful and fresh white Hydrangeas and  Gypsophilas (Baby Breath) and silver diamante branches  this  breath taking bride's flower bouquet was incredible inexpensive  and  I made it very quick the morning  before  my wedding as I wanted the flowers to be really fresh.

We got  about 10 big hydrangeas plants in white and lilac colours  to make  the floral arrangements for the whole wedding.

I  cut off the most filled and pretty branches from  some of the  white plants to make the  bouquet and I just placed one of the branches at the centre and place around others until I got  a round bouquet in the size desired. I added the silver diamante branches  between the flowers  to embellish.  Then  holding the bouquet  with my  left hand  I  started to wrap around the steams green florist tape. I did this just to keep this part of the bouquet in place.

Then  I placed  around my main flower bouquet  some "baby breath" branches and I wrapped the flowers steams with florist tape again.

I did cut the flower steams to desired length and to finish I covered  the steams  with  a beautiful pear embroidery piece of fabric applying  some stitches to keep everything nice and  tight. The  fabric sleeve was then  really easy to make and  comfortable to the touch

I made pretty similar but even more simple bouquets for my bridesmaids.  I only  used  lilac Hydrangeas plants  and I  wrapped a the steams with white silk fabric.  I added a bow made with lilac organza.


I used  a bunch of glass jars and ceramic accessories  to make simple table decorations ...  Below a picture of the project.

 I placed the jars with flowers on  mirrors and I  added candles and I served small heart shaped mints on glasses. 


My wedding cake was not  only beautiful but absolutely delicious. This 3 layers cake with icing  was embellished with a bundle of  hydrangeas on the top and  gysophilas wreaths as shown in the picture below. 

That's my hubby and I with our celebrant Judith at our wedding venue: the magic  Eilean Donan Castle in  the Scottish Highlands. 

Can you see  some hydrangeas plants in the background?  I literary put them on some stands available at the venue .

A clear box filled with silver almonds and a  little tag was my wedding favour.  
You can make   boxes  like this with  curvy keepsake box die.

Watch video to learn how to use the die


I  really hope you enjoyed my projects,  If you are looking for paper craft materials for your wedding simply click HERE  or in the pictures below to go direct to my online shop 24/7 and  explore affordable solutions for wedding favours such as bags, boxes, ribbons and Designer series paper. You will also find stunning stamps and dies to make wedding invitations and thank you cards.

Click to view over 100 wedding stationery ideas in my Pinterest board Here!

 Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance  whit your purchase.. I'm here to help write me at bibicameron@gmail.com 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Bibi
    Happy Anniversary... Stunning photo of you both... How beautiful you look... The flowers are amazing... You are so talented
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, beautiful bride! Flowers ... And the flow sleeve ... Wow! You just shine❣

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs