Where Flowers Bloom so does Hope | Blossoming Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp

March 26, 2019


Hi everyone,  I'm loving this cherry tree stamp from Blossoming stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. 

The tree can be coloured using any media and  I was tempted to try easy and quick watercolours for today. 

I love those little birds images too!! They are tiny ( no taller than 5mm) and in spite of being such a small element, they add extra cuteness to the card.  They made me smile.

The stamp set includes 15 individual stamps (6 images and 7 sentiments). It is so beautiful! have a look ...


This card measures 6" x 4-1/2" inches.


I started by stamping the tree and birds on Arches watercolor paper using The Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and  Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Then, using a  Nuvo water brush I activated the ink on the outline of the image and I spread it towards the centre of the image. As simple as that I added colour to the tree trunk and the flowers. 

To add a little bit of contrast I applied yellow and green Arteza markers directly on the paper on some areas of the tree trunk and I blended the colour using the water brush. 

To colour the flowers I used red, yellow and fuchsia markers to drop in colours over and I blended using the water brush as well.



The little birds were coloured in second using a yellow Arterza watercolour marker and a Nuvo water brush.

Once I finish adding colours I die cut the panel using Tonic Studios Mixed edge Rectangular die set so that  I cut the pieces needed to made a framed composition. 

I then stamped the sentiment in the central piece using Versafine Onyx ink. and the essential stamping platform. 

I glued the frame piece on a piece of kraft cardstock using double-sided foam adhesive and then I glued the central piece in place and using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive I glued the panel on a white card base.

I  embellished I used Nuvo Aztec Gold  Glitter accents and Nuvo  Butterfly confetti ( to be released soon).


I also made a matching envelope using the envelope punch board and a piece of gold paper I bought centuries ago to make envelopes and I stamped the tree on the envelope using Acorn Brown Nuvo hybrid ink.

That's all for today!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great card, so pretty, you made it all seem very easy on this post. Thank you, keep them coming please x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs