National Tea Day Blog Hop Honey Bee Stamps

April 21, 2019




Hello everyone! welcome to my blog. It is National Tea Day and here in the UK  is celebrated across the country in tea rooms, hotels, pubs and cafés through special events and charitable fundraising events, including a tea 'Fes-Tea-Val' at Chiswick House & Gardens in London.

Honey Bee Stamps and Coffee Loving Cardmaker’s gather together 23 papercraft artist from different countries to celebrate this day and I'm amongst those who joined the celebration! Yay!!!!!


The teacup in the mice hands is from Pinky the Pig stamp set and the little tea bag is from Tea Time stamp set.


Ok so for today I went a bit crazy. I wasn't fussy about my colouring and this is my first distressed brownish background ever. When thinking about tea I just couldn't think of any other colour.

I used Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper (217 grams) because it is awesome to use with water-based markers.

To add colour to the background, I applied an easy technique called "ink smooching" and I used a selection of brown and yellow Distress inks.

I first applied the ink directly from the ink pad on a piece of clean film, I sprayed water over and then I smooched the ink on the already stamped and die cut panel. I simply tap the creased and inked clean film over and over the paper using different ink colours.

I allowed each layer of ink to dry before repeating the process with the next colour and I was being careful of not covering the stamped images with the ink. I didn't mask the images.


I added colours to the images using Zigs and I then die cut the panel using  Bee Bold Alphabet Honey Cuts ( die set)  and Double Stitched Square Honey Cuts .


I embellished with  Gold Lights Confetti Mix  and Nuvo Crystal Glaze .


GIVEAWAY 

Honey Bee Stamps is giving a $30 gift card on the Coffee lover’s blog post here and the HBS Blog here. All you need to do to enter the giveaway it is too leave a comment along the way to win.

BLOG HOP



That's all for today I hope you enjoy these projects and the hop!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

47 comments

  1. awwwww...this is so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mice! Great coloring! I Love the Tea splatter background of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, so fun and cute and the colors are perfect for this card. thanks for the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Your coloring talent is amazing. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a cute card and your background is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sweet mice with their teacups! So adorable! The background looks like tea too! Happy Tea Day and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mice are so cute! I am inspired to use the smooch technique again. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card using the the Mae the Mouse set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a darling scenery and great sentiment.
    Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as can be! Love these adorable tea drinking mice! Adorable card! Happy National Tea Day and Happy Easter to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is fantastic and my favorite from this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness....they are sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card - these critters are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, this is THE cutest card ever!! Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unexpected combo of mice and tea, but very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great background for these cute tea drinking mice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable those little mice. Brilliant, thinking outside the box using these with the tea set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy tea day! Great and cute card you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The kids are a cute touch.😁

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is too cute!! I love the colors!! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! Your background is amazing, and such a fantastic coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the trio of mice, cute card.
    Thank you for sharing on the wonderful Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how sweet and so different from the rest of the blog hop. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you gave each mouse its own personality!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job on this sweet card. Love these little mice. Using that little tea bag tag was so smart. Cute.
    Thank you so much for sharing. Happy spring week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marisela Delgado said: Que lindo! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your coloring is absolutely amazing! The mice look so real! It is so cute with the tea cups in their hands! B

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mae is such a sweetheart on your lovely card. Happy tea day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The mice are very cute. Good idea to add them to the tea theme.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so cute! This looks like a lot work with all the details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. fantastic coloring! cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I'm totally in love for your gorgeous card! Amazing colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh! Such a super cute card, Bibi! Love those little mice that add such a different twist to this blog! Very clever! Thank so much for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Bibi :) Your critter card is 100% pure sweetness!!! Also you coloring is through the roof! Thanks for all the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Your coloring is amazing!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These critters holding teas are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aww, the mice are very cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs