New Cut & Embossed folders by Spellbinders | brayered backgrounds

April 02, 2019


Hello everyone!  Spellbinders sent me some of their new Cut Emboss folders to share ideas and inspiration with you over their blog and also in my blog and YouTube Channel.

I tried fun things I never tried before and I made a 3- minutes video to show you the process. 

I also had the joy to try Fun Stampers Journey stampsliquid colours and tools and I decided to use them for my projects today.

I’m totally wowed with Fun Stampers Journey Gold Metallic ink and their brayer.  The rubber stamps are high quality and what I liked the most is that they made me feel that I still can live without my stamping platform.


Ok ,  I was experimenting first with all these products and I got several  Cut & Embossed brayered backgrounds.

WATCH 3-MINUTES VIDEO



I applied FSJ liquid colours on the Cut & Emboss Folders using the brayer to transfer the ink over white smooth cardstock.

To ink up the prayer,  I simply poured  FSJ Liquid Colour on a large clear block and rolled the brayer back and forward on it to get full coverage.

Then I use the brayer to ink up the Cut & Emboss folder. I placed the paper on it and I run it through the die cutting machine. Done!

I repeat the process again to get better coverage. It is very easy to align the paper on the Cut & Emboss Folder in the same exact spot. You can guide yourself using die cut areas as a guide. The little dies inserted in the folder will keep everything in place as well.


Once I had all the panels ready  I  also I applied gold metallic ink over the panels made using  Flora and Fauna Cut & Emboss Folder so that the embossed lines (raised areas on the paper)  in white colour became gold… Cool! but  I ended up covering parts of the panels with gold ink that I didn't want to be inked.

So to save the panels I decided to cut tags out of them.

I then used  Flora and Fauna Cut and Emboss folder to create a plain white background panel and I used the brayer inked with gold metallic ink to ink the raised areas of the paper.

 I then fussy cut the butterflies from that panel to be added to the tags as embellishments.


I  used FSJ Turbo Teal Liquid Colour and Metallic Gold ink on the blue Tag and only gold metallic ink in the golden tag.

The metallic gold ink tends to look yellow in the pictures but it is a stunning shiny rich golden colour. I don’t have words to describe it. It is very very pretty.

To create the cards below I followed the same process but this time I didn't  use the brayer to add colour to the raised ( embossed areas of the paper)


I used  Rustic Rose and Fresh Forest liquid colours to ink up Floral Splash Cut and Embossing folder and I splatter Gold metallic ink at the background.


 I used  FSJ Gold Metallic Ink to stamp the sentiment and the floras to complete these cards.

The sentiments are from FSJ Inside and out stamp set - SS0576 stamp set.

The flowers are from   A Rose Any Other Name Stamp Set and Die Set by Spellbinders.

I embellished with gold sequins.


Last but not least, I made a completely different card that  features Floral Reflection Cut & Emboss Folder and images from FSJ Get well  stamp set -SS0331


I stamped the images using Memento black ink and I applied colours using alcohol markers . Then I fussy cut the images with the mini Tim Holtz snips.

I heat embossed a banner using Versamark clear ink and white embossing powder.

I  then die cut a circle from white cardstock and I repeatedly stamped the sentiment “Feel better soon” on it, using FSJ Gold Metallic Ink.


This time I just cut and emboss a piece of smooth white cardstock using Floral Reflection Cut & Emboss Folder and I added  Nuvo Dream Drops over the little die cut circles in the centre of the flowers created by the folder. So this panel actually doesn't look like a die cut panel but only embossed.

I glued the panel on a piece of FSJ beach ball cardstock  (blue) and embellish with a couple of clear sequins.

That's all for today I hope you enjoy these projects!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. APRIL 2
    NO HELPER TODAY haha...The latest VIDEO was AMAZING thanks for sharing. U are very inspiring and u make it look so ezzee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs