Watercoloring and Embossing Folders | Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios

June 11, 2019


Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well.  I wanted to stop by to share a card I made using Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios.

This was released a couple of months ago. and you will find loads of nice projects and inspiration using this embossing folder over the internet but this time I was inspired by Catherine Callery to give it a go. 

Catherine  doesn't have a blog to link here and she is not a designer etc... She crafts as therapy and her enthusiasm is contagious... She is adorable!  We chat from time to time over Facebook and I  had the chance to meet her last  January in a Tonic's workshop!


So  Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios is a 6"x6' inches embossing folder.  Tonic also offers 8x8 inches embossing folders and you can trim the embossed paper to any size.


How I did it

  • I embossed a piece of watercolour paper using the Beautiful Blossom Embossing Folder by Tonic Studios
  • To do this, I used my Tangerine Die Cutting Machine, the Magenta Embossing Plate and the Orange plate.
  • Then, I coloured the images using Nuvo Watercolour Pencils and Nuvo Aqua flow Pens.
  • I avoid applying colour over the raised image on the paper.. this was easy as this is large florals.
  • Once the colouring was done I applied Nuvo Glitter gloss to add sparkle and I splattered the panel using the ink of lilac and a black Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens.
  • To finish, I added white and black dots over the images. I used fine tip paint markers to do this
  • I embellished with sequins.


Top Tips

  • For better results,  I applied various washes of colours.. this also helps to build up the colour.
  • I applied a  tiny drop of ink from the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pen on the base of each petal and I spread and blend the colour with a water brush.
  • Once the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens wash was dry, I applied watercolour pencils over. I tried to give shape and texture to the images by drawing lines and using brown and purple watercolour pencils to add darker areas too.
  • When blending colours the water brush gets inky so itis good to keep cleaning it using a paper towel to avoid moody images and also to get degradation of colour.

Tonic also has similar embossing folders available in the UK shop with affordable worldwide delivery.

Those patterns are beautiful and you don't really don't need to do any colouring if you want. These will make very beautiful subtle backgrounds for any occasion cards.

That's all for today.


 Happy crafting!


If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Any questions? please ask. :) 
x
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love how you colored the images. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs