8 cards Ideas + Spellbinders Kit of the Month - October 2019 .

October 19, 2019


Hi everyone, I had some "me time" using  Sparkling Holidays, Spellbinders Kit of the Month - October 2019 .

I couldn't make my mind about the cardstock colour I should use for the card design ideas I'm sharing with you today so I made them in the two top fav colours from the kit.

I love the drama the kraft background adds but my family thinks that grey was the answer.

What do you think?


Included in the kit you will find all the products I used to create these projects except the liquid adhesive and Bright Days Embossing Folder by Fun Stampers Journey

You will also need a die cutting machine.



These cards are easy to create but took me a while to figure out how to put together small details.

Making the Wreath

  • To make the wreath, I  die cut a circle frame using two circle dies.
  • The larger circle die measures  3" inches and the smaller 2 -3/4" circle die.
  • I also tried making wreaths in different sizes and trust me a 3" wreath is the answer. This is the perfect size for a C6 card base.
  • Next, I die cut  6 little branches and I glued them on the circle frame.
  • I worked counterclockwise/ anticlockwise direction so that the branches overlap nicely.


Those mini poinsettias are just beautiful.  I love the embossed details the small die creates on the paper so this had to be the star of my post today.

Making the Mini Poinsettia

I  die cut 10 little Poinsettia die cuts... I know, this sounds like a lot of work but it was rather quick as you don't need to run the whole die-cutting plate on the die cutting machine but just a corner.

To make each flower I used two die cuts and I simply added a little bit of liquid glue on the centre of one of the die cuts and glued the other one on top.

Embellishments

The rhinestones included in the kit were the perfect colour match and accent to add sparkle, life and interest to this little project.

I also used stickers and a reindeer die cut included in the kit.



Bonus Projects


 I also made other simple projects using supplies in the kit.


That's all for today.

Happy crafting!
Hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs