Foiling with the Tonic Craft Kit 29 Dot & Drop Butterfly

December 18, 2019


Hi everyone,   today I'm sharing a couple of ideas using the latest Tonic Craft Kit 29! It was released last week and  it is packed with beautiful crafty goodies:

  • A mixture of withe texture and glitter card together with pink and green metallic, pearlescent papers.
  • A butterfly-themed die set (13 pieces) and a stamp set (11 pieces).
  • A pack of  10 Craft Perfect prescored card bases and envelopes. 
  • Nuvo drops and sequins.
  • Mini Nuvo ink pad -Powdered Peach.
Explore Tonic Craft Kit 29:

I was itchy to do some hot foiling with Tonic dies so that's what I did. 

Watch 3 -minutes video to see how I do it.


Easy Hot Foiled Backgrounds Using Dies


I was inspired to do some hot foiling using some of the dies included in this kit.

You can use any die you have in your stash to do this.

I think a foiled background with layered die cuts made our of satin mirror cardstock is a good match!

To apply hot foil, I  used the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. This machine is available in the UK and the USA and it is awesome!!

I do not own a hot foil machine Bibi!

Ok no worries, you can add it to your wish list while you enjoy adding foiled accents to die cuts by using double-sided adhesive sheets.

You can apply foil to cardstock using the adhesive sheets and die cut it after or you can die-cut the adhesive sheets and stick them to a panel to create a patterned foiled background.

You will achieve beautiful results either way!

Oh! you can also use double-sided tape for striped or checked backgrounds as well.

All you have to do is to stick the foil to the adhesive sheets before or after die cutting.

Foil + Double Sided Adhesive Sheets


For this card, I  used the butterfly border dies to apply hot foil that silhouette over the pink pearlescent cardstock.

I was surprised to see the crisp hot foiled image transferred to this type of paper using the dies! Wow!



The pink shiny butterfly in the center was made by sticking foil scraps to a piece of cardstock.

Over the shiny foiled butterfly, I added another butterfly I die cut out of green satin mirror card and behind them, I glued another one I die cut out of the white glitter cardstock.

You can see the different paper qualities and the different shine offered.

You might be thinking that foiled cardstock looks very similar to a piece of mirror or glossy cardstock and I would say yes. They look alike! However, the foil offers other benefits that the mirror card won't.

You can create beautiful compositions using dies, foil and double-sided adhesive sheets or tape and because the foil won't add a dimension you can also layer the foil creating fun, elegant or modern finishing touches.

Bonus Project



You can also make easy and quick cards using the stamp set included in the kit. This is just a sample for you.

To make this card I cut in half one of the 10  card bases included in the kit and I stamped some of the images in the set using brown Nuvo hybrid ink.

I totally love the quality of the craft perfect pre-scored card bases and envelopes it is superior and the paper is awesome for stamping and to use alcohol markers.

 I  applied colors using Nuvo Alcohol Markers and I splattered the paper with lilac and gold ink.

To embellish,  I applied the pink Vintage Nuvo  Drops included in the kit too.

That's all for today.  I hope you like these projects and ideas.

If you ever want to share your work with me please tag me on Instagram (#bibicameron)

I'll be thrilled to see your makes.

Happy crafting!

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs