Cracker Box, Card and Tag with Layered Tulips stamp set by Simon Says Stamp

March 30, 2020

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well!  

For today I stamped a box, a card and a tag using the Layered Tulips stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.

With this layered stamp set, you can easily transform a blank piece of cardstock in something pretty!


About the process in the video

  • Because I was stamping,  I used Neenah Solar white 110 gm.
  • Note:  This paper is thick and it can crack when folding this 3D project,  so you need to be gentle. Avoid using a bone folder. Use your hands to fold over the scoring lines first and burnish using a Tonic card creaser.
  • I use a piece of black craft foam on my stamping platform that provides cushion and you will get a better impression.
  • I placed a piece of paper over the black foam on the platform to avoid inking my artwork in undesirable places.

Top Tips

  • Stamp the larger bold images with light ink colors and the smaller bold area with darker ink colors.
  • You can only use two bold larger images in the set to create a tone on tone compositions as I did to stamp the envelope in the picture below.
  • Get a stamping shammy to clean the stamps.. this was a lifesaver.

Layered Tulips Stamp Set

  • This stamp set includes four large individual stamps. 
  • The images in the set will overlap so you can apply different ink colors to add contrast or shadows while stamping.
  • I started by stamping the solid leaves using  Green Apple ink by Simon Says Stamp.
  • Then  I stamped the detail of the leaves in darker green ink.
  • Next, I stamped the solid tulips using Cotton Candy ink by Simon Says Stamp.
  • To finish, I stamped the detail on the tulips using Pink Apple ink by Simon Says Stamp.


So, You can also use the set to stamp panels of boxes in many different sizes.

This box measure 5" tall x 2" inches width.

The body of the box ( the part in which you can actually put things inside measures  2" width x 2- 3/4" tall)


Although this is a  cracker box ( traditional Xmas box here in the UK), it can be used all year long.
The die set includes 41 individual dies.

To make this box,  I only used two dies in the set: the larger frame die and one little die to add an intricate shape to the box ends.

Change the cardstock color and make treat boxes for anyone and for any occasion.

This will make perfect party favors for kids, first communions and much more!

Multistamped Tulips Card


Stamp envelopes or any card size using Layered Tulips stamp set .

For this  5 x 5 inches card I used the same ink color than for the other projects in this post.
  • I  would advise using metallic inks for a winner tone on tone stamping composition.
  • I used green Tsukineko metallic ink for the tulips on the envelope.
  • For the leaves,  I  used a teal ink color that coordinated with the envelope paper color.
  •  I was tempted to do heat embossing!!
  • BTW the envelope was made using the Envelope Punch Board.

Multistamped Tag


I also made a tag to show you that regardless of the size of your papercraft project you can use Layering Tulips stamp set.  

Thanks for stopping by!
 I hope you like these projects.
Stay safe and keep crafting.
x
Bibi

PIN ME

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs