4 EASY PAPERCRAFT IDEAS With Elegant Twist Die Collection by Becca Feeken

July 02, 2020

Hi there,  I have been invited by Spellbinders to share ideas using  Elegant Twist the latest die collection by Becca Feeken and today I'm sharing 4 easy projects here in my blog and also over the Spellbinders blog.


Decorative Basic Shapes  Dies with an Elegant Twist 

For today, I planned to show different options to use any die from  Elegant Twist die collection to create subtle decorative elements or accents to your papercraft projects.

There are five die new sets available and one glimmer hot foil set :  
For the projects today,  I also used "Handing You a Smile - Spellbinders Small Die of the Month- June 2020", sadly this die set is not available any longer but the Small Die- July 2020  contains similar floral dies. 

Becca's Hot Foiled Sentiments

I also added a foiled banner to the projects today using sentiments from  Elegant Twist Borders and Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plates. They are gorgeous! 

I used Moondust Glimmer Foil and Polish Brass Glimmer Foil as well.

Elegant Twist Decorative Rectangular Background


I love Becca's elegant designs, they are very versatile and this time I was keen to try something new.

So, I die cut a panel using three dies in Elegant Twist Rectangles Etched Dies and then  I stamped this panel using a large Plaid Background Stamp using also Speckle Egg Oxide Distress ink.

Then, I simply added a topper made using dies from"Handing You a Smile", the Spellbinders Small Die of the Month- June 2020.


Elegant Twist Decorative Card Base

This card features a simple idea to use any of the Elegant Twist dies to create beautiful die-cut borders or patterns directly onto the card base.

This mini card measures 4x 4 inches.

Elegant Twist Decorative Background Elements


Elegant Twist Decorative  Gift Box Topper


For this box topper, I used a combination of  

This box measures 5"x 4" inches and it is 1" inches tall.  To make it you will need 2 pieces of cardstock :
  • 1 white that measures 7 x 6 inches ( Box Lid). 
  • 1 grey that is 1/16 " shorten than the withe ( Box body).
  • I scored both pieces 1" inch around the edges as the box it is 1" inch deep.
  • Fold, cut, and glue the box flaps in place.
I usually cut both pieces to the same size if the box body and lid are the same deep. 

Then I  trim 1/16" inches along two sides of the piece that I will be using for the box body. This guarantees the perfect fit of the lid.


Making the large flower was very easy too,  I used Sweet Cottage Flower die set by Becca Feeken.
  • First, I  die cut the 3 different petals sizes in the set out of smooth cardstock 80 lb. 
  • Then I die cut an extra small flower to make the top part of the flower. 
  • Using a sponge and blending brushes, I added colors to the cardstock using Sqezeed Limonade, Riper Permission, Aged Mohagony Distress Inks.  For the leaves, I used Moved Lawn and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks.

More Spellbinders Decorative Dies on Offer 



This bundle includes 4 die sets and 4 glimmer hot foil sets.
  • Essential Circles Dies S4-1039
  • Essential Glimmer Circles Glimmer Plates GLP-15
  • Essential Squares Dies S4-1037
  • Essential Glimmer Squares Glimmer Plates GLP-151
  • Essential Rectangles Dies S5-411
  • Essential Glimmer Rectangles Glimmer Plates GLP-152
  • Essential Ovals Dies S4-1038
  • Essential Glimmer Ovals Glimmer Plates GLP-153
That's all for today  I hope you like the ideas in this post.

Happy Crafting
X
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog,  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs