VINTAGE NOTEBOOK COVER ♥ STAMPIN UP PAINTED PETALS AND CIRCLE SCALLOP PUNCHES

April 10, 2015

Hello,  a lovely friend and customer has joined the Stampin' Up! family after buying her starter kit with me  and I wanted to  make something special to welcome her and to show  her my gratitude for choosing me to be her upline.  As part of  a small thank you/welcome kit I have made a vintage notebook cover using Painted Petals Stamp set and Circle Scallop punches from Stampin' Up!
I couldn't resist and I have CASE one of  the card designs of 
my mum, the talented Stampin' Up! Demonstrator  Michelle Last  (Mum is  an affectionate term  I use to call Michelle because  she is my upline).  I have adapted her card idea to be a notebook cover and I also added my personal touch to this project...  It was very easy and enjoyable....   Thanks  Michelle for being my source of inspiration today!
I have used  a regular notebook with paper  kraft cover and Whisper White card stock for the front panel and  Painted Petals Stamp Set to stamp the flowers and the leaves.

I used  Brushing Bride ink to stamp the flowers and Wild Wasbi Ink to stamp the leaves.
 I  made the paper flowers using  Circle Scallop Punches and creped paper . I cut out the scallop circles die cuts and using a water spray bottle I applied water on them  and crused them with my hands. Then  lined up 4 or 3 die cuts one in top of each other. I punched a little hole in the centre of all the layers  and using a mettalic brad I kept all the layers together. I applied chocolate chip ink to the edges and a sepia ink to add contrast. 

To make the leaves in the bouquet, I punched a scrap of  wild wasabi card stock with petite petals punch and I cut the die cuts in half  to make them look like foliage.


To stamp the sentiment "You are simply wonderful" I have used Crumb Cake ink and the stamp set Simply Wonderful from the last Sale-A-Bration.

With my fingers I crushed the edges of the paper and using a damp sponge I applied Chocolate Chip ink to the edge of the paper and the flowers to give them a vintage look.

I used linen thread to embellish and tie a  little knot just below the flowers as shown in the pictures and that was all....

Thanks for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs