SSS More Spring Flowers Stamp Set and Nuvo Script Pens

April 26, 2017




I can't believe how beautiful and vibrant the ink of the Nuvo Brish Scrip Pens looks on coloured cardstock. The pens were amazing to colour the images of  More Spring Flowers Stamp Set by Simon Says... a very  easy, quick and pleasant watercolor experience.

I didn't even apply the pen's ink evenly as I was rushing out  and experimenting . The true about this card is that I  wanted to see  how the floral  images of the stamp set   will show up on light coloured  cardstock .   I liked the results so that  I decided to  go ahead  and finished the card to share it with you.  


This is a C6 ( A6) card . I started by   applying a embossing resist technique:  stamping the images with Clear Versamark ink,  and then applying a fine white embossing powder.  I heated  emboss with a heat gun and  I applied colours.

Shhh don't tell anybody !!  but it took less than 2 minutes to colour the images...  I only applied a layer of colour in circular motions over the whole image while  the embossing powder was resisted the inks.  you can go over the images as many times as you want to add shadows and more dept.  



I stamp a sentiment from  Hero Arts Little One Stamp Set and I  made  a very simple matching envelope by mixing the images of Sending Flowers Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp  and  the stamp  I used to make the card  ( More Spring Flowers).  

I also grabbed my sewing machine to add  some stitches at one side of the front panel  and  I glued some sequins by Lucy's  Little Things.



Other thoughts about  Nuvo Brush Script pens:   
  • This pens offer great blendability options. You will find pens with  light and a darker  shade of the same ink tone in the collection:  e.g. a lilac  and a dark purple  so that you can easily add contrast and shadows using same ink colours.
  • You can always blend the inks of different pens to get new colours e.g: blue +yellow to get green.  etc.
  • You can always play and overlay colours (not need to blend them completely) just allow the ink to dry and then apply contrasting colour on top.
  • The pen tip absolutely fantastic to apply colour to very small images and easy to blend on larger image so you won't  see the seams or marks where you have applied the pens.
  • The pen's ink  didn't bleed to unwanted areas during application.
  • This is a water based product so you can mix it with water to apply different techniques, the inks blend nicely and dry fast.  
  • You can apply the pen inks directly on stamps and stamp with them  or apply it on a clear block  to splatter a background with a water brush.
  • Nice pens for hand lettering and general drawing .

Click to see more projects using More Spring Flowers and Sending Flowers Stamp Sets  HERE, HERE, HERE,  and HERE!

That's all! I hope you enjoy the projects today and to know a bit of new colouring tools.

 Do not hesitate in ask any questions or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you!

Happy Crafting
X
Bibi

Supply List 

Find main supplies used in this post in Simon Says Stamp shop .  I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at not extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.





LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!

Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Bibiana I just love your card, I have recently bought the set of Tonic Aqua flow pens, as they were on my wish list after seeing your posts about them, I think I will add these to my wish list too Lol... what are you doing to my bank account 😂😂 Lol x
    Don't get too tired. I know from experience how tiring it is being a mommy during the day, never mind blogging after midnight, although I know it will only be a short while until you get your craft area up and running, then things will be totally different xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running card a Bibi... love the flower stamps... beautiful
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs