SugarPea Designs + Simon Says Stamp Teacher Card Idea

April 28, 2017


Hello everyone,  today I'm sharing a teacher's card idea  and coordinating envelope using Sending Flowers Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamps  and Sweet Sentiments Teacher by SugarPea Designs just released. 

My husband is a teacher and we had a chat about how challenging his  work is,  so when I saw Sweet Sentiments Teacher  I had to get it not just to make an encouragement card for him but to share a bit of  kindness with all those who works in front of a classroom.

This stamp set is just perfect to make thank you, recognition and encouragement cards for Teachers and you can also get coordinating dies.

I decided  to mix some of the sentiments  on the set with the gorgeous images from Sending Flowers Stamp Set to create a more feminine composition.


I  stamped all the images with  Distress Oxide inks (Broken China, Worn Lipstick,  Fossilize Amber, Peeled Paint)  on sand  cardstock and  I used Select-A-Size Edges Dies by Concord & 9th to make the  stitched flap for the envelope below.

How I made this card?




This is a C6 ( A6) card. It is a one layer card. Multi stamped. 

In a previos posts here!  I  shared the idea of creating textures with the "grid stamp" from Sending flowers Stamp Set on envelopes.  In the picture below the stamp used ...

So this time  I use the same stamp to create a texture in the background. I wanted to make it look like  a kind of burlap fabric texture  so I stamped  several times   the lines of that stamp  in vertical and horizontal way using Broken China Distress Oxide ink .

Once the background was done I used  the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to :

- Stamp  the  floral images using:  Worn  Lipstick ,  Fossilize Amber and Pealed Paint Distress ink.

- Stamp  the sentiment on the card using  Worn Lipstick  Distress Oxide ink and  I added a bit of Candied Apple Distress ink on the  base of  the word "Heart " to stamp over and create a bit of shadows. When the ink dried I apply  Black Memento Ink on  all  the words in the sentiments except the word "heart" and I stamped over and over until the black ink completely covered the pink distress oxide ink.


Then I used a pink Nuvo Bush Scrip Pen to add some accents to the stamped flowers . I embellished with  Nuvo Glitter Accents - Aztec Gold  you can also use Nuvo  Honey Gold  Glitter Drops 

That's all! I hope you enjoy the projects today 

Do not hesitate in ask any questions or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you!

Happy Crafting

X
Bibi



Supply List 

Find main supplies used in this post in Simon Says Stamp shop .  I joined their affiliate program, this meas that I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at not extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.




LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!

Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter




You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs