Happy World Card Making Day with Mixed Media Christmas Cards

October 07, 2017



Hello everyone, welcome to my blog! I have the honor to be invited to share creativity with other 19 stampers from around the globe over the Simon Says Stamp blog today to celebrate the  World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day !!!

Although I have been living in Scotland for over 5 years  I'm representing my home country Colombia -South America, and I made cards using the colors of the Colombian flag  (except for the green which was a last minute addition.

For my cards today I used  Swell Christmas stamp setDamask Stencil by Simon Says Stamps.

Check out more information about the event and giveaway below...


WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL




To create the backgrounds I applied a  technique called "Gesso Resist" also adding my personal touch.

You can apply this technique using your favorite colours . I mixed same  Distress Ink colors' shades.

To add color to the  Santa image I used  Chameleon Colored Pencils and  ZiG Water-based Markers. I'm also sharing a fun and easy Colored Pencils Resist Technique in my video so don't miss it out!


I embellished using Twine and Nuvo drops.

I also applied colored pencils over the stamped banner to add shadows... it looks quite cool!




Simon Says Stamp is also inviting you to share the projects you have been doing for card making day and to  upload your cards at the InLink  here!!! by 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 14th, and they will choose 10 random winners to receive a $50 gift card from Simon Says Stamp and one random winner to receive a one-year subscription to Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine!

Pop over the Simon Says Stamp Blog Here and read more information about this event!  



1.       Australia 🇦🇺 - Gayatri Murali 
2.      Belgium 🇧🇪 - Laura Sterckz 
3.      Canada 🇨🇦 - Sarah Moerman 
4.      China 🇨🇳 - Scarlet Liu 
5.      Colombia 🇨🇴 - Bibi Cameron  YOU ARE HERE!
6.      England 🇬🇧 - Jo Nevill  
7.      Germany 🇩🇪 - Maria Fischer 
8.     Greece 🇬🇷 - Vicky Papaioannou 
9.      Italy 🇮🇹 - Barbara Schiassi  
10.  Malta 🇲🇹- Lorraine Aquilina  
11.   Poland 🇵🇱 - Marzena Ziuziakowska 
12.  Russia 🇷🇺- Svetlana Pavlova 
13.  Scotland 😔(no flag emoji for Scotland) - Debby Hughes  
14.  South Africa 🇿🇦 - Anna-Karin Edvaldsson  
15.   South Korea 🇰🇷- Marge Yoon
16.  Spain 🇪🇸 - Amanda Korotkova  
17.   Switzerland 🇨🇭 - Isha Gupta  
18.  Ukraine 🇺🇦 - Svitlana Shayevich  
19.  USA 🇺🇸 - Barb Engler




That's all!  I hope you enjoy these projects, ideas, video, the tips and techniques and also the Simon Says Stamp invitation to participate in the giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by and do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here! and get my latest blog post directly in your inbox.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment I would love to hear from you 

x
Bibi



SUPPLIES

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love this colorful set of cards! What a fabulous background. Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Bibi,I am already subscribed to your YT channel but hit the bell so I can see the video. These are amazing and I cannot wait to see the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to know this Teresa. and thanks for all the lovely comments. Hugs. x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! That you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous set of cards. Love all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, I especially love the variety of background colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs