Stamping on Fabric with Nuvo Hybrid Inks

October 28, 2017


Whether if you need to stamp on paper, acetate, wood or fabric Nuvo Hybrids Inks provide beautiful results.  I have been trying the inks for about 7 months and  I'm really pleased with their performance. 


All you have to do is to stamp the fabric as you would do on paper, and heat set with a hot - dry iron for permanent results. After stamping you will get a  washable hand stamped textile.


The inks are ideal to be used with water or alcohol-based  products (markers, pens or brushes) and they do not smear or fade.

When stamping on fabric you can also  colour the images with alcohol based pens or markers.  Check out video post here! or a video here  to see another projects I have stamped this way.


The  Nuvo Hybrid inks are available in clear and  6 different colours.

If you are thinking in stamping and sewing your own cosmetic cases  I strongly recommend to use quality hardware or fittings.

I like adding big metallic zips to enhance my projects.  I  used a gold's teeth zip for this cosmetic case. I buy the zips by the meter and the zip's head from www.aliexpress.com so that I can get a better price.  Here in the UK I found them quite expensive up to £15 a small zip.

How I do it

  • I like to stamp on 100% cotton or smooth fabrics with little or no texture.
  • I like to use  Blackout Lining fabric. This is what I sue the most to create small pouches or purses.
  • I do  the same process as if I were stamping on paper  but I hold the stamp down on the fabric with gentle pressure for a bit longer just  to make sure the ink is completely transferred into  the textile.
  • I heat set the ink using a hot -dry iron ( no steam)
  • I sew the item
  • I embellish with Nuvo Drops.

That's all!  I hope you like this project.

Thanks for stopping by and do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here!  or to my Youtube Channel Here to get my latest blog post directly in your inbox.


Happy crafting!!

x

Bibi

Supplies used

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs