No Line Watercolor Critters | Best Friends Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp

March 21, 2018


Can you see those tiny butterflies popping up over the animals? I think they add so much fun to this super cute scene using Best Friends Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp.

To stamp the trees in the background I used   Into the Woods Again, a stamp by  Clearly Besotted. The butterflies are from Curious Kittens stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps.


I stamped the animals using Antique Linen Distress ink on Canson watercolour paper. This paper have very little texture and I do love it for that. However, I feel I can't apply a lot of water on this paper so I worked with Zigs [Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush] and a water brush slight wet.

I stamped the animals on printing paper and  I trimmed the image to create a mask. I  applied Stick and Spray by Crafter's Companion at the back of the printing paper as this is a  temporal adhesive. 

With the mask over the animals, I stamped the background also using"Into the Woods Again"  stamp and  Antique Linen Distress Ink. 

 I  then applied colour using   Zigs (watercolour markers).


To colour the trees I used an inexpensive small brush and  I applied a vertical line of masking fluid from the top to the bottom of   the trees' trunk [ I washed the brush straight away using water and soap]

Once the masking fluid was dry, I applied colours to the trees. I apply the markers directly on the paper and to spread and blend the ink I used a water brush. 

When the ink was dry I  removed the masking fluid and then I applied a lighter ink over the area covered for it. I just wanted to add interest to the trees and make them look like Bamboo plants.

I also applied the ink of a blue water based marker on an acrylic block and I  mixed it with water to apply it in the gaps between the trees using a water brush.

To add tiny darker areas on the images I also used Faber Castel Polychromos pencils in contrasting colours ( black, red, purple, orange, navy blue)



I stamped the sentiment using Black Simon Says Stamp ink and using the same ink I stamped the super tiny butterflies on Bristol paper.

I applied colours to the butterflies and I  trimmed them using mini snips by Tim Holtz. I glued them on the panel using funky tacky glue.

I also added  black and white twine and glittery enamel dots created with Nuvo Drops  as I show in the video here .

Oh! and I also apply tiny red nuvo drops over the grass [they could be cherries or tiny flowers]

That's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by and don't be shy leave a comment I would love to hear from you.

 Subscribe to my blog here or my Youtube Channel here to get my latest blog post or video directly in your inbox.

Happy crafting!
x
Bibi

Supplies 

Affiliate links apply, this means that I get a small commission when you buy from any of the links in my blog of Youtube Channel.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs