Under the Sea Scene with Beautiful Mermaids by Simon Says Stamp!

October 29, 2018


Hello everyone,  It is not a secret that I love mermaids and they are always welcome to my crafty table! So for today, I decided to have a break from Christmas cards to enjoy turning a blank piece of paper in a HUGE colourful under the sea scene.

This card measures 5-1/2" x 7 1/2" inches.

I used the absolutely stunning Beautiful Mermaids stamp set by Simon Says Stamps: with over 20 images to create similar scenes and 11 sentiments for girly encouragement, friendship and birthday cards.
Buy Beautiful Mermaid Stamp Set Here!!!  

I stamped the images with Memento Black Ink and I used  Ciao Copic Markers to add colour to the images and a mix of  Distress Classic and Oxide inks at the background.  

I applied yellow ( mustard seed) and different shades of blue at the background, then I applied Black Soot over the edges of the scene,  except on the top of the panel.

To add a perfect finishing touch to this card  I used Ocean Scene Builder Stencil by Honey Bee Stamps.  In my opinion, these stencils are essential to beautify under the sea scenes. 
Buy Ocean Scene Builder Stencils Here! 

I first used the broad" light rays" stencil. I placed it over the coloured panel and I sprayed it with water. Then I placed on top a sheet of kitchen paper to absorb the excess water and to lift the ink in the negative spaces of the stencil.  I removed the stencil from the paper and voila. I got light rays!

Next,  I used the "water light reflexions" to stencil those images here and there, also using different ink colours ( black, dark blue, white, light blue).

Then,  I used the "Ocean Elements stencil" and I add stencilled sea plants all over the edges of the panel,  except on the top part.  I used Black Soot Distress ink first and then over those black stencilled images, I added more sea plants images using white, silver, purple and pearl Nuvo mousses.

I used Nuvo mini sponges to apply the inks and my fingertips to apply the mousses.

And below my source of inspiration for colouring... Shhhh don't tell anyone!

I found this picture on the Instagram of a girl I would call a real mermaid... She is beautiful @shangerdanger!!!


That's all for today.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,  I  always read them all and I'm happy to answer any question.
Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! To receive notification when a new post or videos go live.


Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs