Christmas cards with Picture Book Dies and Outline Snowflake background by Simon Says Stamps

October 26, 2018

Hello everyone, Today I'm sharing Christmas cards ideas using beautiful products by Simon Says Stamp.

I used: Outline Snowflake Background Stamp which is simply spectacular and I also used Picture Book Santa, Picture Book Snowman  Picture Book Deer wafer dies. Those are fantastic, and I die cut them out of watercolour paper to add washes of colour and give them an extra special look.

The sentiments are for a very comprehensive stamp set called Tiny Word Christmas with over 40 individual stamps.


To add colours to the die cuts I used Zigs ( Kuretake Clean Colour Real Brush watercolour markers) and a water brush.

What I do is apply the ink of the marker directly on the edges of the die cuts and with the water brush, I spread the colour towards the centre of the die cut.

I apply all the colours I want to blend. eg. red, brown, grey and then I blend them with the water brushes.

I have a video on my Youtube Channel here to show the colouring process on die cuts in case you want to have a look.

To add colour to the backgrounds I used Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens. 

I  heat embossed the image from Outline Snowflake Background Stamp in 3 different watercolor panels using gold, clear and silver embossing powders. Then I  apply the ink of the Aqua Flow Pens randomly over the paper and then I sprayed it with water to blend and mix the colours.. this was very easy and I love the results as you get darker areas that make the snowflakes pop out.

For this card, I  stamped the Outline Snowflakes using Nuvo Clear Ink and I  used Gold Embossing Powder by Wow.



For this card, I stamped the image from Outline Snowflakes background stamp using Nuvo clear ink and Clear Embossing Powder.



For this card, I stamped the image from Outline Snowflakes background stamp using Nuvo clear ink and Silver embossing powder.


I added loads of shimmer with Nuvo Midas Touch and Shimmer Pen.  




All the supplies used for today's cards are listed below.


That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments and I'm also happy to answer any question.


Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! to receive notification when a new post or videos go live

Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs