Masculine Card ideas with Rough Waters Stamp and Die Set | Spellbinders

October 17, 2018


Hello everyone,  It has been a while since I made a masculine card and when I had the chance to try some of the stamps and dies designed by Stephanie Low for Spellbinders I spotted an opportunity.

Look at that beautiful anchor image!!

The supplies used for this blog post are from a collection called Inked Messages and  I couldn't avoid thinking in Tatto images when I  used them... I soon realized that Stephanie Low is a tattoo designer amongst other things ... So I wasn't wrong! All the images in the collection are designed to enjoy colouring, you can go really crazy with them also inspired by colourful tattoo designs.

This anchor image is from a stamp and dies set called “Rough Waters" and you get the stamps and a set of dies to cut the images and sentiments in one single pack!!!


The cards in this post were made to join Spellbinders Blog here as a guest designer in  August here....  this blog post and others were scheduled to go live months ago!! I noticed it wasn't live, today when I was looking for it !! Noooo. Argh. I have had a couple of very very epic semester.

 So this is a  5”x7” inches card and it is a very easy and quick project. 

I set the cling stamp on a clear block and I stamped the images on Smooth Bristol paper using Versafine Black Onyx Ink, which is great to be used with water based products.  All you have to do to avoid ink bleeding is to heat set the ink or allow it to dry for at least 5 minutes before applying any wash of colour.

I used Zigs water-based markers (Kuretake Clean Colour Real Brush) and a water brush to add colours.

I applied a bit of ink from the marker directly on the paper and then I spread it using a slightly wet watercolour brush.

I heat embossed the sentiment using clear Versamark ink + white embossing powder and I die cut it using coordinating die.



 This is a nother quick and easy A6 card. 

 I start working on the easy and quick background panel. I applied the ink of a light blue Aqua Flow pen on my glass mat and I diluted it with a little bit of water. I then applied it randomly at the centre of a piece of Bristol Paper using a water brush and allowed it to dry.

I splattered the panel with a navy blue Aqua Flow Pen and when the paper was completely dry I stamped the sentiment using Simon Says Stamp Black Ink.

I stamped the anchor on smooth Bristol paper using Versafine Black Onyx ink and I used light grey, dark grey, brown and red markers to add colours.
I die cut the image using the coordinating die and I stuck the images on the panel using foam adhesives.

To finish, I glued the panel on a card base made out of Kraft cardstock.


PIN ME


Spellbinders Inked Messages Collection by Stephanie Low - Inspiration | Skillful Sailor Cards with Bibi Cameron featuring SDS-136 Rough Waters #spellbinders #stamping #patternstamping #cardmaking #handmadecard #neverstopmaking

That's all for today.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,  I  always read them all and I'm happy to answer any question.

Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here! To receive notification when a new post or videos go live.


Happy Crafting and many hugs
x
Bibi


Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs