Easy Die Cutting ideas with Big Picture Book Lion Dies by Simon Says Stamps

February 28, 2019


Hello everyone, today I'm sharing clean and simple die cutting ideas using beautiful supplies by Simon Says Stamp.


I initially thought of making a baby themed project but I changed my mind and I made the kind of projects you can share any time.
The card measures  C6 American stand size card ( 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" inches),  and the tag 3 " x 5" inches.

Big  Picture Book Lion die / head,  measures: 3-1/2" x 3-/12" inches.



I first die cut the lion head out of yellow, pink, black and patterned paper to get the different parts I needed in each colour.  I then put the pieces together and glued them on a white piece of cardtsock. I trimmed around the edges.

Next,  I use oval dies to make the body and the little lion paws.

I had the idea to add the lion's body in a different way so he looks as if he were kneeling down in a playful position ...  in this way, I could also add an extra cute tail to the lion. 

To make the tail, I simply made a mini tassel. I wrapped it around the tip of a piece of twine. I was applying glue as I was doing this.


I cut the grass out of green cardstock and I used the Mini Flowers and Leaves die to create tiny florals out of red cardstock.

I used Folk Dance stencilSSS Surf Blue Ink and a makeup brush to easily create a nice pattern on the front panel of the card base.

To finish, I also die cut a C6 white piece of cardstock using a large scallop oval die and I overlaid all the die cuts behind.

I embellish with Nuvo Aztec Gold Glitter accents and I heat emboss a tiny banner.  The sentiments are from Simple Sentiments and Beautiful Flowers stamp sets. 

The tag was made with the extra die cuts I got from die-cutting the pieces for the card. Easy and quick.

That's all for today ... I hope you like these ideas!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are so cute & cheerful. Love the tartan yellow paper as a break from the plain colour paper x Would love to come & have a play in your craft room with the wildlife . Thank you for sharing, have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs