SSS Beautiful Mermaids Copic Colouring and Distress inks

February 25, 2019


I watched the Aquaman movie last night and Princess Mera with her stunning red hair and her green aqua-dress was the inspiration to add colours to this handmade card. 

I used  Beautiful Mermaids by Simon Says Stamp and Copic Ciao Markers Set B. 

I created the background by sponging a mix of  Oxide and Traditional  Distress inks and to add interest  I used  Ocean Builder Stencil ( pack of 4 stencils) by Honey Bee Stamps.


This is not the first time I have used  Beautiful Mermaids stamp set or any of the tools mentioned above.

 Last year  I made the card below (you can click on the image to see more pics).


 I wanted to make something completely different this time and  I was achieving a different look and feel due to the images and the colours chosen.

I was keen to use purple and pink Distress ink colours for the background but I couldn't resist and I just grabbed my fav inks to create easy and quick undersea scenes:  Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass,  Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans,  Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.

I also used Antique linen distress ink to create the sea floor. I felt something was missing so  I used again  Ocean Builder Stencil ( pack of 4 stencils) by Honey Bee Stamps.

This stencil pack is a must have to create under the sea scenes.


There is a lot going on in the background.  To add texture and speckles I sprayed water and  I splattered the ink of a white posca marker.

 I used the stencils to add the sea plants and the light reflections on the background as well and I overlapped different ink colours.  I used:  Black Sooth, Faded Jeans Distress ink and white pigment ink.

To add accents, I also used Nuvo glitter pen and Nuvo shimmer pen.


That's all for today ... I hope you like this card!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I'm always happy to read and to answer any questions. 

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi


Supplies


Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Don't know which version I like more, thank goodness for Aquaman hey ! That stencil set is awesome, they have several that I must say invest in to help my craft work improve. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by Andrea. You are always so kind. I like stencils but that one is just awesome for scenes that involves water.. hugs. x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs