Arteza EverBlend Markers and Colouring Books - Any Good?

May 15, 2020


Hi everyone,   I had the joy to try the Arteza Everblend Markers and Arteza Colouring Books.

I'm not into coloring books or Digi-stamps but gosh !! I'm totally loving the books.

So I treat myself with:
These are  6.4 x 6.4 inches, 100 lb,  each book has 72 different illustrations.

For this video - post I used page 33 of the  Floral coloring book.  Artist Kotkoa.

10% discount for my blog readers!

Use the code BibiCameron4  at the checkout 
The code is valid until June 20 - 2020

Arteza Everblend Markers


Arteza sent me the 60 markers sets to give them a try.

The first thing you will notice is the super cool case they come packaged. 

This is a perfect storage solution that also allows you to keep organized, and the case is also sold separately. 


Next, you will notice their triangular shape, the labels on the barrel and the color names and references on the lids.

  • These are dual-tip alcohol markers. 
  • They have a fine tip and a chisel tip.
  • Blendable
  • AP Certified. This means that Arteza EverBlend Markers are non- toxic.
    In my opinion:
    • The pens feel comfortable on the hand and after hours of coloring, I wasn't tired. 
    • I would say that due to the design of the marker barrel and after CRAZY coloring, my fingers were not inked. this happens a lot when working with other alcohol-based markers.
    • The lids are easy to take off and put back.
    Note: Oh!  I just read on the Arteza web site that the triangular shape prevents them from rolling on the desk.

    • I was impressed with the performance of the markers on the Arteza coloring book paper.
    • I'm totally in love with the coloring books and I bought them as soon as they were back in stock. People snap them from the shop when they were released.
    • As the paper is thin, the ink of the markers will bleed in the back so I would strongly advise putting an extra sheet of paper behind to protect the next page.
    • I would also advise doing color swatches. This will allow you to identify the colours that probably will be a good match for blending.

    After testing the markers for days,  I don't think I could do any better with any of the other markers I own.

    What I Love
    • Undoubtedly what I loved the most about the Arteza Everblend markers is the vibrancy of the colours! simply stunning.
    • Easy to blend
    • do not saturate the paper in spite of adding a crazy amount of layers.
    • The chisel nib is great to cover larger areas.
    • The case is also a great feature as it helps me to keep organized and also to carry the markers everywhere.
    • The price is great.
    • Customer service is awesome.

    Could Be Better
    • The fine nib is not my fav as the color application feels a bit rougher. However, this didn't stop me from enjoying coloring for hours.
    • Totally personal opinion, I   think the 60 marker set needs a couple of extra light browns instead of a couple of greys. I really needed that light brown color to create a better transition of color on the head of the deer in the post here!! 
    • I'm failing to understand the references on the lids of the markers. Although, I have to say that I don't really need to understand them.

    I would struggle to learn all the references or even the name of the colors.  I have learned to identify the marker shade just by looking at the lid colors. ( This apply to all the brands I use)

    Although the lid is plastic and this will never be the same as the color on the paper this visual aid is great.

    To add details. I used  Arteza colored pencils over the Alcohol Marker.

    That's all for today.
    Thank you very much for stopping by!
    Stay Safe!
    Hugs
    Bibi

    See more Arteza products in action 


    Supplies List

    Just a note to let you know that when you click and buy through these links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

    Thanks for your support. 

    You Might Also Like

    2 comments

    1. Gorgeous blends. I'm still utterly in love with the Arteza coloured pencils that I got after your review so these look like a great next purchase. Thank you for the honest review. Stay safe x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh Andrea thank you very much. The coloured pencils are a joy. I'm still learning new colour blends with the markers so that I can share that in my blog. :) sending hugs and thanks for all your kind comments. x Bibi

        Delete

    Thanks for your comments.

    Subscribe

    Total Pageviews

    DIE CUTTING CLUBS

    Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs