Rainbow Watercolour Spring Flowers 4 by Simon Says Stamp

May 28, 2020



Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well.

For today,  I wanted to use gorgeous and super versatile images from Beautiful Flowers 4 stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.

I also used a sentiment from the new  Hexagon Greetings Stamp Set and a pre-printed sentiment from CZ Designs Reverse Love.



The set contains eight beautiful sentiments to create cards for different occasions.


Easy Rainbow Watercolor

This time, I wanted to do a rainbow watercolor while trying for the very first time Karin Markers.

I heard these pens were great for hand lettering but as I love trying new mediums I decided to give them a try for cardmaking.

These markers contain highly pigmented liquid ink that can be blended with water. 

They are blendable.

They have a flexible nylon brush-like nib that made easy the color application on small areas.

They are transparent and the pigment has great dispersion.

The colors are vibrant!

I love the look and feel of the ink when it dries.  


  • So I first stamped the images using Versafine Onix ink on 300 grams Cold Press Arches Watercolor Paper.
  •  Then, I simply applied a little bit of the different pigments near the center part of the flower directly from the marker to the paper and I spread it towards the edged using a wet brush.
  • I didn't allow the washes to dry but instead, I tried to blend the different washes.
  • Once I applied colors I die cut the panels using the larger rectangle from Wonky Rectangles die set.

Here is another card using the same image from Beautiful Flowers 4 stamp set  but this time I didn't stamp steam but the whole background.

I applied color in the same way for the card above and I added a pre-printed sentiment from CZ Designs Reverse Love.

That's all for today.

I hope you like these ideas


Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog,  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs