Big and Bold Daisy & Dahlia by Colorado Craft Company

June 09, 2020


Hello everyone,  I got busy with some stamps from the Big and Bold stamp Collection by Colorado Craft Company.

They are "truly bold" so before sharing this card  I was exploring stamping possibilities and also colouring mediums to go with them.

For today  I used Big and Bold Daisy & Dahlia by Colorado Craft Company.

  • To stamp the image I used Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink.
  • I used smooth 240 cardstock.
  • I  applied colour using Nuvo Alcohol Markers and Arteza Coloured Pencils.
  • To add accents, I used a Yellow Nuvo Glitter Marker and a white Posca Marker. 
  • For crispier images, I recommend using a Stamping Platform with any Big and Bold stamps.
  • To stamp the 6x6 inches envelope. I used Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink.
  • For the sentiment, I used  " Thanks a Bunch" stamp set and die set by Honey Bee Stamps and I heat embossed in white over black smooth cardstock.
  • I added twine and  Fashion Gold Embellishments
  • The card base cardstock is called  Marine Blue Smooth 240gsm sold by a British company called Papermill Direct.. it is a stunning cardstock colour!!
** Find supplies list at the bottom of this post.

Top Tips

  • I arrived at the conclusion that grey or light brown waterbased inks really suit these images.
  • The inks need to be juicy to be able to transfer all the image's details to the cardstock.
  • Believe it or not, although Distress inks aren't the best for stamping they were my fav to work with these stamps. I used a stamping platform to stamp 3 - 4 times to achieve a crisp image.
  • The stamps will perform better on smooth cardstock.  
  • To stamp the bold images on textured watercolour paper you might need to stamp several times using the stamping platform (it took me up o 12 times on Arteza Watercolour paper, 8 times on Arches Watercolour paper).

That's all for today
I hope you like these ideas
Happy Crafting!
x
Bibiana

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog,  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!
  • ENJOY 10% Off at the Arteza Shops (USA - the UK) below
  • Use the Code BIBICAMERON4 (valid until June 20 -2020)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs