The night of navy version of leather accessories made with the Bouquet Bigz L die from Stampin Up!

June 26, 2015

Happy Friday everybody,  I couldn't resist sharing with you some pictures of the Night of Navy version of  a leather necklace and a leather embellishment for a Harris Tweed case I made using the Bouquet Bigz L die from Stampin Up! in a previous post. 

I think the necklace has a lot of personality and you can easily make your own  using your big shot, the Bouquet Bigz L die, leather remnants and some basic jewellery supplies that you can get  in your local craft store or online. The leather flower defo add an extra to any leather craft  or sewing project.


The products today  have been done  for a friend that asked me to make them in blue and I thought that adding bit of black will give it contrast . She is golden blond with beatiful blue eyes and can't wait to see her wearing the necklace!  I know she likes sparkle so I added real crystals gems in the center of the silver  bead caps so they will shine with the light.  I overlayed 2 flower die cuts instead 1 as in my previous post (1 black and 1 blue) . 

This necklace remind me the old times when  I used to make fashion jewellery as a complement to some fashion designers catwalk collections, my small creations used to go to Milano. I wish I had a big shot in those times to make draft projects in leather, affordable, chic and super easy.

How I do it?

Using the Bouquet Bigz L die from Stampin Up!  I cut 5 leather flowers in black and 5 in blue, 6 leaves in blue and 5 pistils in the same blue leather. I  noticed that the back of the leather looks like suede leather so I assembled the pistil the wrong side facing up, just to give a little bit of texture. watch the video tutor here to see how I assemble the necklace.


If you are thinking in make your own leather accessories to share, to sell, to gift, I strongly recommend placing the  right side of the leather facing the die foam to avoid marks. The leather  can easily  get embossed with any mark in your embossing plates. Did you know that you can emboss leather using embossing folders? No?  well, yes you can. it is just amazing what you can make with the tools in your craft room.  


In the picture below the handcrafted items in 2 different colours.


You can also make a leather belts, key rings,  scarfs with fabric accessories, flower pins, hair accessories, a cute leather flower as  fast embellishment to transform your old leather shoes ... endless projects made with this die and the good thing is anybody can make them.. They all are easy piece with a bit of imagination.

Thanks for stopping by! x Bibi

To order supplies to make this projects please click in the pictures below.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Hi Bibi
    Fabulous necklace... Stunning work...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you Like it Sylvie, will be perfect for a night out in Gibraltar as well :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Bibi these are amazing and beautiful, I will have to play around with some leather and take out this die and get some use out of it:) Thank you for the inspiration and sharing!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you are SO super talented, I love this necklace! I am really going to have to buy a Big Shot machine because I do want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rachel, Thanks for your kind words. You will love your Big Shot there are so many things you can create with it.:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I should make in in blue from the beginning :) just the colour change everything. thanks Anna for stopping by.x

      Delete
  5. Bibi, your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ideas and projects Bibi! I just became a Demonstrator and am hoping to do the same - unique out of the box ideas & creations using SU! products. You're a wealth of inspiration! thanks so much for sharing! x's&o's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and welcome on boar!! you will love the challenge, the fun and our community. x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs