Metallic poinsettia Napkin Ring - Xmas table decorations #GDP011 - Theme Challenge.

November 16, 2015

It is Monday of  Global Design Project! And  our designer team  have a wonderful  Xmas theme challenge for you. Today  I'm sharing an easy and quick  Christmas table decorations idea.  I made metallic napkin ring holders using "Festive Flower Builder Punch" from Stampin' Up! I hope you like it and give it a try.  WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE!

Please click here to  participate in  this challenge or to see many more ideas of our talented team and other people who join the fun this week.


Have a look to this flower in different materials  Vellum Poinsettia or  Card Stock Poinsettia


Building  the flowers...

I tried several aluminium quality papers and I didn't like the results when embossing the paper so to give it a bit of body I decided to paste it on top of a 300 grams sheet of card stock using a wide double sided tape.  alternatively  I  found that 3M lapping film 6"X6" inches sheets with sticky back gave me the best results and it was easier to use.

I used  the "festive flower builder punch" to punch out  6 large petals + 6 medium petlas  + 2 double small petals.   I use  a non sticky mat and hot glue to build the flower and I start pasting the larger petals first  then the medium size petals and  the smaller ones goes in the top. I embellish  with a rhinestone jewel from Stampin Up as shown in the pictures below.


Making the ring holder

To make the napkin holder rings I used 3M lapping film and I pasted on top of  a piece of 300 grams of black card stock then I cut the aluminium in pieces of 1- 3/4" x6 = 4.5 x 15cm using a craft knife.

To add  texture  I embossed the pieces using "Decorative Dots" embossing folder from Stampin' Up! and a big shot embossing  die cutting machine. I  punched a small hole to join the ring ends together  using a brad as shown in the pictures below.








Thanks for stopping by and do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment  I would love to hear from you.  x Bibi 

Click on the pictures below to order  materials to make this project

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. great idea!!! So my table decoration is at Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial, Bibi! I love these napkin rings - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with these napkin rings Bibi. Thanks for showing how you made them too xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! What a cool and very achievable Christmas project for even a novice crafter. I am soooo doing this, I hope you don't mind me stealing it Bibi?! Simple gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! This is so luxory <3 And it´s stunning as xmas table decoration.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs