IRON-OFF EMBOSSING TIMELESS TEXTURES + FLORAL WINGS STAMPIN' UP! #GDP025 - Colour Challenge.

February 29, 2016

Hello everybody and welcome to my blog!!  Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey and Smoky Slate colours from Stampin' Up! will be the stars on everybody's project this week with another gorgeous colour challenge from Global Design project

I was so looking forward to using Timeless Textures Stamp Set  to apply the Iron-off embossing technique and  create  distressed - artistic backgrounds as the one shown in the card below. I hope you like it! 



For this project  I also used  Floral Wings Stamp set, Bold Butterfly framelits dies from Stampin' Up! and one stamp from Watercolor wishes card kit.



The techniques used 

I applied  embossing resist and Iron-off embossing techniques 

 Embossing resist - 3 steps:
  1. Stamp the images with Versamark clear ink but before rub the card stock with the Stampin' Buddy.
  2.  Apply clear embossing powder and heat it up.
  3. Apply ink on top of the clear embossed images with a sponge, dabbers, brushes, stamps or aqua painters if you are using watercolor paper.  
 Iron-off embossing 
Once you have done the embossing resist  you can use a domestic iron or a craft iron to Iron- off the embossing powder. Set the iron on high heat and use printer paper between the iron and your embossed images. The embossing powder will melt and sticks on the printer paper so that you get a clean non- shiny negative of your image.

Notes: 
  • Remove the printer paper when still hot or iron it while removing it to avoid the printer paper getting stuck to your artwork.
  • After applying ink with a sponge, I also stamped with  the same stamp and Daffodil Delight ink  on top of the embossed images just to add a bit of contrast. That's why you can see some dark yellow shapes in the background as well.
Embellishments:

I cut 3 butterflies for the front panel: 
  1.  I used Floral Wings ( hostess stamp set by Stampin Up) to stamp the main image - the coordinating die leaves a white trim around the image  and I  wanted it to be a bit smaller than the other 2 butterflies so I decided to hand cut it.
  2.  Using  bold butterflies dies and a die cutting machine I cut a second  butterfly out of whisper white card stock.
  3.  I used the  butterfly die as a pattern to  trace the exterior  edge on to vellum and I fussy cut the image by hand so that I got a butterfly slightly bigger than the other two.

I overlay and pasteds  the 3 butterflies with glue in  their center and I added Stampin' Up!  dimensionals underneath their wings. I pasted all the layers of the card with Tombow multi glue.


Supplies used to make this card:


Thanks for stopping by and do not forget to leave a comment and to come back tomorrow for a new post using Timeless Textures stamp set!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick  baby -mum update to my dear friends,

 I'm back on track after 15 days of successful C-section recovery and I'm so glad to be able to sit and craft and blog for short periods while healing completely and as I promised I'm sharing a few pictures of my baby Harris when he was only 7 days old.


Ah! and he got my eyes. All my children have brown eyes. Their Scottish  daddy has weak genes :(
X. Bibi



You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Awwwwww he is so adorable Bibi!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quel magnifiques bébé, tant mieux si cela va mieux pour toi.
    Emma doit être heureuse. Bisous à vous 4 Martine
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is beautiful. I guess that is 1 amazing advantage of a C-section. :) No squish-face. Hope you're healing quickly.
    Love the card. I'd seen the technique before and wondered if anyone does it anymore. Very pretty. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Michelle, thanks. No squish- face might be one of the good things of having a C -section. I struggle to find other good reasons. I have been blessed this time as I have been able to heal in record time and free of pain. I'm enjoying my baby and even crafting. :)

      Delete
  5. Love your card, Bibi, but clearly you've distracted us with those beautiful pictures of your baby boy. Congratulations, he is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Sahwn for the lovely comment. X

      Delete
  6. There is so much to love about this card - the beautiful embossed background and geometric DSP compliment each other beautifully. I am happy to hear you are on the mend and just look at that precious wee boy - Harris, you are as gorgeous as your sweet mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you are so nice Paula, thanks for the compliments. X lots of love Bibi

      Delete
  7. Lovely card Bibi. The technique you shared, I never heard of until now, so I might have to give this a shot. Love the photos of your handsome little boy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card,your new baby boy is adorable,wishing you all health
    and happiness.X

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have you found a moment to create this stunning card Bibi! I adore the background, very clever indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harris is just adorable Bibi! I hope he is a good baby for you ... he certainly looks like a little angel. Your card is adorable too, my favourite of the week! So jam packed full of wonderful techniques and ideas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect baby! And an amazing mom for crafting and blogging with a new born!!!! you amaze me! .... your card is stunning too! BTW

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card and the baby are stunning! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs