WATERCOLOR WINGS STAMPIN' UP! CASE THE DESIGNER MICHELLE LAST #GDP024

February 22, 2016

This week on Global Design Project our source of inspiration is a card made by  the super talented British Stampin Up Demonstrator Michelle Last.  With a long trajectory in the papercraft business Michelle is an institution in Stampin' Up! family,  perhaps one of the first demos in  Europe, a popular recruiter and also my beloved upline.   I really admire her work not only as papercraft artist but also as a business woman.

The card below is my entry for this week challenge. I hope you like it!


Below a picture of  Michelle's card we are casing this week...

What mean CASE OR CASING Bibi?

CASE or CASING means "Copy and Share Everything", it also  means reproducing an exact piece of artwork but in Global Design Project we can also CASE the colour combo,  the sketch,  or even using the same stamp  set or  the theme as inspiration to make  something new. In that way  we are always open to see how far our imagination can go when having a source of inspiration.



In this opportunity I  CASE  Michelle's sketch, I used same tools and similar colours. 

Stamps and dies used:   
  • Watercolor wings  stamp set  
  • Bold butterflies framelits dies. 
  • Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (to stamp the  striped banners  in the front panel).
  • Another thank you ( for the sentiment inside the card)

Ink colours: night of navy, pacific point, cucumber crush.
Paper: Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack(free Sale-a-Bration item), whisper white night of navy card stock.
Embellishments: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Linen Thread.
Main Techniques: 
  • Die cutting
  • Sponging ( behind the vellum panel with pacific point and cucumber crush ink) 
  • Layering
Difficulty level: easy - beginners.



I hope you like this project and please feel free to leave a comment or ask any question, I''ll be happy to hear from you. x Bibi

 Click here or in the pictures below  to order Stampin' Up! Supplies 24 /7





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. bang on! great job! I love seeing a card nearly the same but using other products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you didn't change a good thing, but recreated it in these stunning colours. Happy new baby Bibi. I wish you all the very best xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've treated the Botanical Vellum. The colors are gorgeous. Such a pretty card; inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy - he is soooooo cute! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new addition to your family Bibi, he is a real cutie! Congrats also on the lovely card ... I was wondering what DSP you had used, so was very impressed to see it was a sponged background with patterned vellum over the top! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, thank you very much for stopping by. the baby is 13 days old now and we are doing well. still cant seat for a long period or I get a bit sore so I cant craft :( . I sponged the backing of the vellum with pacific point and cucumber crush, the vellum looked so different on white background but for this design I decided to use a night of navy card stock panel. x hugs

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bibi, great idea sponging back of vellum! ... Ouch, feeling for you! I can't believe it has been 13 days already. Such a special time for you, I am so impressed that you haven't missed a beat with GDP ... a lot of forward planning! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your new baby boy! He's beautiful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just wonderful, Bibi! And congratulations on your beautiful baby boy - he is way too cute! Makes me want to have another baby too, again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs