LARGE NUMBERS FRAMELITS DIES STAMPIN UP AND A NEW CHALLENGE AS DESIGNER ON TGIF #tgifc50

April 08, 2016

Thank God it's Friday! and from today I'm on board with a new forthrightly stamping adventure. I have been asked up by the talented American Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Mercedes Weber to serve as part of  TGIF challenges designer team  and I said : Yeah! 

This week  we have a  sketch challenge and I used "Large Numbers Framelits Dies" and  "Enjoy the little things stamp set"  and this is my first entry:

 



So here you go the sketch for this week!

 


Click here to join the challenge this week or have a look of what everyone else is making !





I found this challenge particularly difficult  perhaps because there are too many squares/ rectangles/ boxes on the sketch and I felt trapped by it somehow.  I tried to follow the sketch as it is and  my first thought was dividing the image into 5 parts but it didn't work. Then I thought about making a card with 5 layers of DSP but that was too much, I thought of stamping sentiments in banners and having a main image on the square at the center but then I changed my mind and I finally decided  to grab my sewing machine to try and sew zig zag stitches  all over the top and the bottom of the card to complete the sketch... Yuck and it didn't work neither :(

In the middle of a desperate moment I saw that piece of card stock  covered by threads and uneven stitches and Voila magic happens! I really liked the marks of  the zig zag stitches on it so  I went ahead and  used my sewing machine to add a decorative pierced border to this card. 

To pierce the holes onthe card stock I  used  a Zig Zag stitch and no thread on the sewing machine and I used an universal  (size 16) needle that came  with my sewing machine. You can also use a thicker needle such as Ball Point needles or a thinner one if you prefer. 

This is defo the ultimate,  super  fun idea to easily add decorative borders to cards and as some sewing machines have many different kind of  stitches then the possibilities are endless. I can't wait to  make more cards with my new technique!  What could I call it?  lol

 I also decided using  "Number of years and coordinating large numbers dies" for today  as this are unique tools to make birthday or anniversary paper craft projects. I love the size and the shape of the numbers. However before making the main card I selected for my post today  I made  a previous one using the sketch but  I didn't like it very much but as my daughter and 2 friends love it  I'm  adding a couple of pictures below...




 Which one you like the most? I think I don't make justice to the beauty of  "perfect picture stamp set" with the card above.


In the other hand, I also would like to let you know that I'm  part of Global Design Project team too and we have creative challenges for you to enjoy or to participate in every Monday. Click here to see current challenge.                                                                                                So now I have a great way to start and  finish my crafty weeks.  Mondays for Global Design Project and Fridays for TGIF challenges.  I hope you can join me in these 2 adventures and challenge yourself to create and learn card making techniques with us.

Remember you can purchase any product you see in my blog in  My  Shop Here! or buy the starter kit for £99 and choose £130 worth of goods. Click here for all details and link to get your starter kit.  


Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment or ask any question, I''ll be happy to hear from you. x Bibi








You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Though I like both cards, I esp. like the 82 card. Love how the thread-less zig-zag stitch gives offset lines of piercing. Also love how you threaded the banner under the 2 die cut. Actually, I love all of the details, even the tiniest little banner and heart. It's a very balanced and pleasing design. Plus it's just darn cute!

    Because you said you don't like the floral card, I'll give my input as a designer (many decades in interior design and fashion). But first I want to say I think you did a REALLY nice job with the fussy cutting. Here's why I think maybe you're not happy with it. I think it just has too many flowers. Three might be enough because the dark ink color makes them feel heavy (visually). Also, I think I would have left the roses in their natural shape, hanging off the square edge of the white matte. They feel cramped. To me, the sentiment seems a bit crowded into the bottom left corner. Please understand, I don't mean to be critical. Just thought I'd give some input as to why I think YOU don't like the card. But the card is still pretty and I'm sure your loved 1 would enjoy receiving it.
    Thanks so much for sharing all of your work. We all appreciate you taking the time, esp. since you have your hands full with a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! love the comment. You have said exactly why I might not like the 2nd card very much or should I said at all! lol, However I just post it as it was meant to be for this challenge. I tried not cutting the edges of the flowers as you said but it didn't work well. I tried using less flowers and something was missing.. :(

      Delete
  2. Bibi, I love all the beautiful creations you post to your blog and these projects are no exception! My fav in this post is the numbers card too. All the details are fabulous - I'm a huge fan of paper piercing and those softly coloured numbers are just lovely! A big welcome to the TGIF team - I'm so glad to be a part of it with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jennifer Frost!! thank you very much for stopping by!x

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the TGIF Challenges team Bibi. So fantastic to have you as part of the DT with us! Two fabulous cards! I love them both! The soft watercolour wash look to your numbers is so pretty and I love that you used washi tape and piercing as your take on the sketch! The dark roses on your floral card are so dramatic and I love the gorgeous sentiment in the centre of the card! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!! Love having you part of the TGIF crew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs