EASY NATURE THEMED CARDS WITH WETLANDS STAMPIN UP FOR GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #GDP031

April 11, 2016

Hello everybody,  it is Monday of  Global Design Project and this week we have a beautiful nature theme challenge for you to enjoy or to participate. Please scroll down to see what I have done using  Wetlands Stamp set and Enjoy little things stamp set by Stampin' Up!


When I create an  easy and quick design/sketch like this one I like to apply it  with different cards  but making  discrete changes in  colours,  embellishments or perhaps using different stamps so that the cards looks different. I always said that small  details can make huge differences in card making. All the cards today are pretty much the same in terms of design ans elements used.

.

I have to admit that the cards made with the sandpipers birds are my favorites on today's post. They are simple and couldn't be easier to make and I also think they are cute!  Who doesn't like this adorable little birds? I love the way they quickly run from waves, they do not only evoke nice times at the beach but also peace. I just love them! 


Another feature of Wetlands stamp set is that  the stamped images  looks like a hand draw sketches. they are simply stunning.  The sentiments are just a perfect match for the images so  I think that it is not necessary to do much on a card after stamping the images in this set  and  my advice is  leave the images alone!  I know how hard this is but by adding  some watercolor technique and a small embellishment  you will be done.


I used my sewing machine with no thread and a Ball Point needle #90  to add decorative pierced borders to all my cards today and I sew by hand some stitches over the holes created by the machine on the watercolor paper and I tied a bow using  Linen Thread by Stampin Up and a small button that came in a accessory pack in the in colors collection 2014 -2016 .

Then I decided to stamp a few more cards using the Goose Stamp, icon of team work.  Have you ever read 5 lessons from Gesse? it worth to read  it as these animal teach us about leadership, team work, solidarity. These animals are fascinating and beautiful so the stamp is just perfect to make encouragement cards as the Geese have a nice story behind.



This stamp set is also special for me as I made my first blog post and video tutorial using it!! It is also unique.  Have a look to my first blog post  HERE! or WATCH WETLANDS MIRROR IMAGE TECHNIQUE VIDEO HERE!!


You can purchase any materials used in my blog HERE!  Wetlands  stamp  set  includes 6 individual stamps  and you can get it wood mounted  or clear (Clear | Cling is not the same that photopolymer stamps, it is like the one in the picture below and you need clear blocks  to use them). 


Supply list

  • Wetlands Stamp Set ( main images)
  • Enjoy the little things Stamp Set (to stamp backing panels with sentiments "Be brave" and Beauty)
  • Gorgeous Grunge stamp set ( only 1 stamp to stamp the banner underneath the mean image)
  • Old olive Stampin' marker ( to add colour to banner , grass, goose)
  • So saffron ink ( add light to the goose image)
  • Real read ink ( to stamp the banner on one of  the sandpiper cards)
  • Linen thread (sewn by hand)
  • Sahara sand card stock
  • Lost lagoon card stock
  • Watercolor paper
  • Chocolate chip ink
  • Sewing machine to pierce the holes on the paper
  • A black  normal pen (  to add a little bit of something to the goose eyes)
  • White ball pen ( to add a little bit of something to the goose eyes)
  • Buttons and cords  in-colour collection 2014 - 2016  from SAB 2015
  • Love and passion ( FREE)

 Thanks for stopping by and do not hesitate in leave a comment.  I'll be happy to  heard from you!
x Bibi



You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. All great cards Bibi - I must get my sewing machine out again! :-) Love the photography too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear Tracy, the sewing machine can make fun things on paper. I wish I have more time to try more and more. x Thanks for stopping by.x

      Delete
  2. oh my - these are all so wonderful Bibi - you super woman you. Love the watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. That was an ultra easy watercolouring! :)

      Delete
  3. I always love how you show one card many different ways! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and every card is a work of art Bibi! You never cease to amaze me with your forward thinking and colour skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Paula. I'm addicted to watercolor paper and vellum as with too little work the stamped images looks like little paintings. x Bibi

      Delete
  5. Fantastic collection of cards. I love the watercoloring and all the bits and bobs you include. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn for stopping by and such nice comment! x Bibi

      Delete
  6. Magnifiques cartes en effet, Bravo à toutes. Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I am usually not drawn to the true nature stamps as much (flowers though I love) but you have really made this stamp set shine! Looks so nice on the watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie! thank you very much for your comment. Watercolor paper is my fav thing looks grate on cards. The first time I saw a nature themed card was in the souvenir shop in a castle here in Scotland and since them I really think this kind of stamps are quite unique, never like them before but now I love stags, ducks, dogs, cows, cats, foxes... any animal really. :) Hugs. Bibi

      Delete
  8. Hi Bibi
    Fabulous cards... Love this stamp set... You make it look amazing.... Stunning as always
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bibi
    Just watched your Wetlands Video.... It is so good ... Is there anything you are not good at... Loved your card... Fab idea to stamp on the plastic bag.. For the reverse image ... Must try that out....
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bibi, what a beautiful cards , I loved your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such great cards, Bibi! I love how you've used this Wetlands stamp - what a wonderful showcase of your talent and these stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs