Easy snowy scenes | Video Post with Lovely As a Tree Stamp Set GDP067

December 19, 2016



Hi and welcome to my blog! I made easy and quick  snowy scenes  using blue, pink and purple ink colours and Lovely As a Tree Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!   for the  challenge  this week on Global Design Project.

All of us are making cards with images of trees.

Simply click in the image below to participate in this challenge or to see what everybody is making.




I used Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugar Plum and basic black ink colours  or a combination of them to make the snowy scenes in this blog post.



The first card I want to show you today  is a Snow Globe Shaker Card using Jar of love stamp set and circle dies.   I  CASE a brilliant idea by Jason Loucks to make it! You  can see Jason's idea and more instructions HERE .  

I stamped the trees with clear Versamark ink and white embossing powder then  using the stamp-a-majic I stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink  the trees again  but this time I stamp them slightly to one side of the first image so that  I tried to create an effect of dimension, embossed image or a shadow. 

With a sponge I applied the colours at the background. 

The stars  and the sentiment  are  from Forever Evergreen stamp set 

I stamped the jar's lead  and the bow in Jar of love Stamp set  with gold embossing powder to be used as base of the bubble and its embellishment.

I also bought "Viola" sequins pack   from Lucy's cards to complete this shaker card. 

I love so much the colours at the background of this shaker card that  I decided to  make more cards with snowy scenes to share  with you.  One important product I'm using to make this projects is masking fluid . Here in the UK I use Artits' blue mask by Frisk art and craft materials.  You  can see more details in my video tonight.



For the card above I  used Holly Jolly Greetings Stamp set  and coordinating dies called Christmas Greetings and to embellish I used  gold metallic thread, sequins and a wee banner as finishing touches.



For the card above, I  applied dots  of  Tombow multiglue on the tree's branches and  then I added gold glitter from Stampin' Up!

I also created a banner with a square stitch die ( I elongated the shape as shown in the video tutorial here)  then  I stamped and  embossed a sentiment from Wondrous Wreath Stamp Set  by Stampin' Up! I used WOW Gold Rich Pale Super Fine embossing power which is a pretty vibrant gold colour.


The card above  is even more simply, I  just pasted some sequins and a banner with a sentiment from Embellished  Ornaments Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! 

Oh! I cant forget to mention that I also applied  clear Wink of Stella over the tree images in all the cards today.

Thats all!

I hope you enjoy the cards today .  I know the techniques used to make them and the whole idea are not new and you can find loads of inspirations online by making a search for : snowy scenes ,  but I wanted to make my own.

These cards are also  a perfect last minute project as they are easy and quick  and by making them you can  think in something beautiful and relax a little bit during winter times.


Let me know what do you think about them? I would love to hear from you.


Below Supply list  used to make these projects


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wow- these cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - these are beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great. I love hope you've changed each. way to stretch the set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing on FB and for your wonderful tutorial. Too late for me for this year's Christmas but now's my chance to get a head start for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful,Bibi. I love the effects you created sponging the snow banks and sky. It's very wintery here ( Buffalo NY USA) and you've captured the feeling perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bibi, these cards are beautiful! We don't get snow where we live, so to see these lovely snowy Christmas cards is such a treat. Love them all! Looking forward to watching your tutorial. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word Bibi (and our Jason) - WOW!
    I love using this masking fluid and water-colour technique for making atmospheric snowy scenes for winter and Christmas cards.
    Thanks for the top tips on alternative choices of glue for the different elements used in card making.
    All the very best for a Jolly Christmas with your family Bibi.
    'Let it snow!'
    Lots of love and a sprinkling of hugs - Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I enjoyed watching your video very much. Thank you for all the useful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards,I love what you created! I want to use the idea for my sister's birthday card. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful cards,thank you for your tutorials, i really enjoyed them and found them very inspirational.take care

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs