Saying Goodbye to amazing TGIF Challenges

February 10, 2017



I'm saying goodbye to TGIF challenges!! Nooooo but this is also part of my process of leaving my Demonstratorship with  Stampin' Up! I  joined TGIF team in  April 8 -2016 - challenge #50 ,  it has been only 10  but intense months of hard work to spread the love for papercraft together with creative genius.

 So I want to thank my amazing TGIF  team for sharing  with me  #49  beautiful challenges. It was an  honour to serve to the art world with you! I'll miss you!!!

The card today is  dedicated to you.  I really wanted to make something a bit more personalized  but the last couple of weeks has been emotionally epic.  No only because I'm resigning to something I love  but also because my dad had a heart attack. He ended up having an open heart surgery and thanks God all is fine. He is recovering now.

So I was thinking of you yesterday and I decided to use  one of the most gorgeous stamps ever: Butterfly Basics by Stampin 'Up! 

The  sentiment  was just perfect for my card today and it is from "Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

So lets celebrate challenge #94 HERE!  We are making cards with the sketch in the picture below ...


I hope you like my interpretation of the sketch and that my card can provide  some ideas about how flexible the challenge is.  



To make this card today I  applied a technique called " Layering colour"  some people call this technique " no -line watercolour"  because you can't see the outlines of the stamped images.

You might notice that  I'm using this technique a lot recently . It is just a no brainer for me. Perfect to make last minute cards as  it is soooo easy, quick, convenient, I like the results and it also relax me.



How I do it?

I stamped the flowers with Pear Pizzazz ink by Stampin' Up! as I wanted  to keep the outlines of the leaves in that colour and I could easily cover this light green ink  with the purple inks I used on the petals.

Using a Nuvo Fine Tip Aqua Flow Brush   I applied a layer of  Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum ink reduced with water.  I applied the ink  petal by petal and never on 2  petals in a row to avoid blending them together. (You need to leave the ink to dry on a petal then apply colour in the petal next to it. You can work in different parts of the card while the ink dries)

Once the first layer of ink was dried. I applied  a second layer of   Rich Razzleberry ink  this colour added saturation. Love it!

To add colours to the leaves I added  a layer of clear water so I kept the Pear Pizzazz colour on the leaves, and  I added in some leaves  a layer of Always Artichoke ink  and Mossy Meadow Ink  here and there to add some shadows and contrast. 

I use too little water to apply this technique and too little ink.

I'm not sure if you can see that delicate accent in the flower center.  I embellish  with Nuvo Crystal Drops Raspberry Pink.. just beautiful! love that product.

I made a video to show you the technique.. In the video I'm testing some aqua brushes but you can use any water base ink or traditional watercolours.



To say thank you to all our readers and the talented people who have played along with us I'll be having my Stampin' Up! farewell  next Sunday ( Feb 12 - 8pm UK time) with a  giveaway  and everybody can participate!  the Giveaways will be open from February 12 to March 5th  and the winners will be announced in my blog on March 6th - 2017


That's all!  I hope you enjoy this  project and do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you.


Happy Crafting.
x
Bibi


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!


Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  


Buy Stampin Up Supplies from my friend Gosia Mackinnnon  below.  She is an amazing seller with orders over £25 she will send you a free thank you gift .

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Bibi you will be missed sorely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything to be the same in terms of sharing creativity with you. My lovely Australian Crazy Crafters have been a blessing. x lots of love for all of you! x Bibi

      Delete
  2. This card is beautiful Bibi! We'll miss you so much! I will be sure to check on on your blog often. Take care! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bibi, I'm sorry about your dad's heart attack, but it's good to know he's survived his surgery. May his recovery be smooth and swift.
    My husband had a heart attack on 7-14-14 and for me it was gut wrenching. He ended up only needing a stent though, praise God. It's amazing how God brings us through such things. My husband and I never felt a sense of doom during the "event" and surgery. I guess that's how faith in God works.
    I'll miss your focus on SU! since I too am a demo and appreciate your inspiration using SU! products. But I've been considering dropping out even after over 20 yrs with them. So I understand why you might be quitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for sharing lovely Michelle. It has been a epic time for me with so much going on . We are also moving house soon!!! But we are all ok. I can't believe you have 20 years with SU. Your house must be like a museum for the company !! I found inspirations in people who use other brands and I want to go further the brand barrier. I love stamping and pape craft .. I want to explore the beautiful offer in the market as a whole . Lots of love .x

      Delete
    2. I totally understand wanting to use other product brands. There is so much out there, beautiful and irresistible, but the budget stretches only so far, esp. as a SU! demo. Hope your move goes smoothly. Happy stamping!

      Delete
  4. Dear Bibi, I will miss your tutorials so very much! You are loved from Michigan, USA. I learned so much about applying color, and using the ink to watercolor from watching your videos. My thoughts and prayers are with your father and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card--I love everything about it. I will miss seeing your always wonderful, thoughtful creations on TGIF Challenges. Thinking of you and your father and sending best wishes as you pursue new adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs